Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

Sad News

Hi everyone

I really hate having to write this post but we lost our beloved cat Ollie this week and words cannot express how sad I am.




We had Ollie for just over 3 years, thats all just 3 years and he was only 5 years old.  

Basically we went to Devon last Sunday to celebrate my birthday only for a few days as we were coming back on the Wednesday.  A trusty neighbour was coming in 3 times a day to feed him etc.  On the morning we were due to come home she entered the house and usually he would come running downstairs to greet her but there was nothing.  She went into the living room and found him laying on his side.  Unfortunately he had passed away sometime between 8pm the following evening and 8am that morning. 

I feel to blame, I feel that he died all alone with no one to help him.  You may ask why we did not put him in a cattery?  We have done this before and when he came home he was even more distressed and was really light so I thought he had not been fed well.  Since then when we have gone away usually Mike's parents woud come in and also the neighbour.  Mikes dad has to go into hospital that Monday as he has just be diagnosed with an aggressive cancer so therefore we thought he would be ok with the neighbour coming in 3 x times a day and it was only for 2 days.

We took him to the vets and the vet thinks he had a fit as he was biting his tongue when he died and there was saliva around his cheeks and on the floor.

I am totally and utterly devastated..I have been in bed for the last 2 days and have not hardly eaten.  Ollie was our life, we don't have children so he was my baby and I feel so lost and alone without him.

Ollie was the most loveliest cat ever, he was so affectionate, gentle and loving.

I really don't know how I am going to come to terms with this I am just constantly crying and nothing can comfort me and make me feel better.

I am not looking forward to christmas and feel there is nothing to look forward too.

Here is the story of when we got Ollie..... http://brunette-lady.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/our-new-ginger-addition-ollie.html

I cannot believe we just had 3 years with him and I feel totally responsible for his death..

Lisa-Jane
xx

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, that's awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad, I know how you loved Ollie! Please don't feel responsible. I'm sure Ollie knew how much you loved him, as you took good care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor poor thing, I'm so sorry :( I know it's hard but you really shouldn't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault. Hope you feel able to remember the happy times you spent together soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise you that you are not in any way to blame for his death. I have been reading since before you got Ollie and its clear how much you adored him and he adored you too! Losing a pet is heartbreaking and it really does feel like part of you and your home is missing and that missing them doesn't go away it just gets easier. Sending my love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou Amy its nice to know that someone my blog for a long time and I really appreciate that. Sorry for such a late reply. Ollie was adored and I still miss him but have to just move on, I will never forget him though x

      Delete
  5. Oh Lisa, I am so sorry for your loss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this. Our little furry friends mean so much to us and it's hard to be without them. But you're not responsible, not in anyway. You loved and cared for him and gave him a loving home. Remember him fondly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Lisa-Jane but really, you are not to blame. He was in his own.house, being looked after. I'm so sorry it happened and I hope you can get through the grief.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa-Jane. Sending you hugs. Please don't blame yourself. x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I'm so sorry for your loss, it is not your fault at all, it could have happened at any time. You gave him the best life he could have and unfortunately it was a short one but he was a lucky boy to be loved so much. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought a cardigan like yours today and I suddenly thought I should see if you are ok. Sending you many best wishes,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I apologise for being so late in replying but its nice to know people understand how I feel. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx