Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

A sensitive issue

Why is it everything is going ok you feel good about yourself for once in your life, I mean usually I never do and then someone has to say something insensitive and make you feel cr*p all over again!
I mean by my age I should be over this after all 'confidence comes with age' as they say, but sadly for me it has'nt!

Last night Mike and I went out for a meal and on the way way home we had to pop into Mike's parents as they wanted to chat to us about something.  I don't often see his parents as his mother is very hard work and although she does like me she can be very insensitive, bossy and she is very old fashioned.  She says things like any girl that wears a short skirt is asking to be raped!!  People who say things like that infuriate me and make me angry.  Anyway I am not going to get into that issue because needless to say a woman should be able to go out naked and not get raped, its men who should be able to control themselves and usually its about power anyway..!

Back to the subject Mike's neice Laura who is 18 was there, she is very much into clothes and fashion. Like a typical teenager she lacks confidence and was asking my advice on some new tops she had bought in Zara and I was advising her.  Her mother is not into fashion at all and she has a rather strained relationship with her anyway.  Laura kept saying she was fat, she is not fat she is a size 12 and 5ft 3in, she is just curvy on the hips if anything.  I am 5ft 2in and a size 12 but with a larger chest than her and I don't consider myself fat...maybe I am????

She was complaining about her body and I was telling her she does not look fat, when Mike's mother, who like I said is very insensitive at the best of times said 'Oh well Lisa is bigger than you'? Oh great just wonderful now I feel even crappier than usual.

The funny thing is usually I feel rubbish, most days I feel I look awful but the last few days I had been feeling better. Yesterday I was in one of my local shops and I had guys in their 20's really eyeing me up....seeing as they were 20 something and I am 39 next week...I felt chuffed.  Plus the guys in the van, ok so they may say that to every girl on the street but still it was a confidence boost.  Plus my friends always say whenever we go out daytime or nightime I always have guys giving the me the eye.

Now I feel back to my usual 'horrible' self....thanks very much mother in law!

OK I know at 38 I should be over this and mega confident but I am just....not!  I mean in my previous post I took the photo of me in the pinafore dress and I am sure I do not look fat in that dress but now I am questioning that?


Another thing that annoyed me is one of the tops did not suit Laura but Mike's mum said to me even if you think it looks awful tell her you think it looks nice! I told her the truth lol.  She can be a horrible woman. I am so glad Mike is not like her and does not share her views!

The other thing is that his mother although she is very small chested she has a large tummy and is much bigger than me but I would not dream of saying things to her!

Lisa-Jane
xx

17 comments:

  1. Lisa, you're NOT fat! Take my word for it. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes - I used to be a size 16 when I was in my teens. If you want to lose a few pounds then you can (the easiest thing to do is eat more fruit & veg; and less junk food) - but curves are WAY more sexy than skin & bones! :)

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa-Jane take no notice of her, she clearly is a bitter woman with a jealous streak, she obviously has issues and makes herself feel better by making other women feel bad. Take your confidence from the young lads eyeing you up rather than take insecurities from her. You are certainly not fat and no you didn't look fat in your pinafore, you looked gorgeous :) Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Lisa thats awful. I always think you look fabulous and cannot believe you will be 39 soon! Some people have no tact and they aren`t even bothered they upset you. Honestly hun don`t feel bad about what one person says and think of the guys checking you out... thats a defo confidence boost.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you would think at her age she would have learnt some tact and sensitivity. Ignore the woman! Lisa, you are gorgeous and you are most certianly not fat. I hope you get your spark back soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules - well I have cut back on junk food and have cut out all biscuits and crisps but because of my thyroid problems that does not helo but thankyou for your comments x

    Jude - yeah she definitely is bitter you are right there - thankyou x

    Debbie - Thankyou, I know 39 next week getting old lol

    Hazel - hmm she has no sensitivity thankyou for your comment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate people like that! They suck everyone's energy...

    You are not fat, and I think you looked really good in that dress yesterday! As Jude said, you should keep in mind that the younger guys are eying you! They wouldn't do that if they didn't think you were a looker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are numerous lessons we've got to learn in life, tact is one of them, guess she failed that class -.-

    Sorry she made you feel bad,:( just one of those days i guess :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa I love reading your blog and the strange thing is I had an almost identical incident yesterday too. My mam is always commenting on my dress and never likes anything I wear. I am an old fashioned dresser - but that's me. I just cannot do anything right for her. I know exactly how your feel and by the way I think you look gorgeous. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mum-in-law's comments on rape put my back up straight away.
    I'm sorry you have to listen to such nonsense, Lisa. She's obviously an embittered woman jealous of your looks, intelligence and youth. Since when has a Size 12 ever been fat? Utter rubbish.
    Try saying this positive affirmation out loud to yourself every day:
    "When I believe in myself, so do others
    I express my needs and feelings
    I am my own unique self - special, creative and wonderful"
    You are fabulous and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG You are 38 OMG noooo show us your birth certificate you certainly don't look it lovely xx
    Don't let anybody put you down babe you are certainly not fat I am a large 16 at the minute and I consider myself curvy not fat one of my relatives actually told me off for eating a bar of chocolate hmm you can chose you friends but not your family x just ignore them lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a size 12 and 5ft 2 and whilst I realise I am not super slim, I wouldn't consider myself fat.I do however wish I had bigger boobs!

    You look great and who knows why she says such things, perhaps more to do with her own insecurities than you. The whole mother in law relationship is a strange thing though, perhaps a bit of resentment that you have take her little boy away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some people are so insensitive! You are a stunning woman who looks fabulous.

    Ignore the woman.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're not fat! I love how you look, you have a fab body shape and I'm not surprised you attract attention for it!
    What a mother-in-law. Some people are just ignorant and thick-as.
    Anyway, nobody believes you are 38, you're blatently not! 30 more like :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou so much for all your kind comments you have all made me feel so much better. One of my good friends rang me last night and she really helped too. She is brilliant she always makes me feel better.

    I think I need to stop letting people get to me and ignore their petty silly remarks.

    I will be catching up on all your blogs later and also reply to the messages you gave me on your blogs too. I need to pop out now but will def be doing this later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think anyone has the right to say those kind of things to someone else. Women are especially sensitive and do not need those negative comments.

    You are definitely not fat! You have a great figure and should be proud of that :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa there is no way on this earth you are fat!!! People say such negative comments and it is hard to not let it get you down. You have a fantastic figure and always look very trendy hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow youre 39? You look so good! Not that at 39 you should look bad, of course! haha ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx