Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

OOTD (Tuesday) plus Thomas troubles.




Dress - H&M
Jacket - H&M
Leggings - Topshop
Pumps = Topshop
Belt - Primark

I know I have worn this belt so much lately but I love it as it goes with so many things.  I also love this dress and have done outfit posts with it before but its so flattering.

I will have to try and do some outfit posts with some different items but half the time I forget to take the photos and I am very self critical so I usually hate photos of myself...!

This week Thomas has had to go back to the vets he has soreness and swelling by his mouth, the vet thinks it may be to do with his teeth as his gums are red and sore.  He has had this twice now and the antibiotics clear it up but it comes back again.  He is now on his 3rd course of antibiotics and hopefully it will not come back.
The vet removed some tartar on his teeth but the poor little fella only has a few teeth left and it may be that he may have to have another two removed.  


Apparently cats are notorious for having bad teeth obviously because they cannot clean them like we can. 

He is spoilt, we buy him the best cat food, no cheap stuff for Thomas and we have to  crush the antibiotic into his food, luckily he does eat it. 
Its funny but they know how to get around you though don't they? 

When we first got Tommy we used to buy him the Tesco own brand cat food which seemed pretty good as he was happy with that, but one day we bought him the more expensive food...big mistake!  After he ate that he would not go back to the cheaper Tesco stuff again. Now he gets the high end cat food all the time plus he does this little thing sometimes where he won't eat his food until we give him biscuits too...spoilt rotten!! He knows how to work us! 

Thomas lived on the streets before we took him in and was neglected so we feel we are just making up for lost time.

How anyone can just abandon an animal is beyond me!

Lisa-Jane
xx

11 comments:

  1. 1) great outfit, love the dress
    2) Thomas is very cute too. So many people take on pets and don't reqlise they need looking after

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i hope thomas is better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I hope Thomas is better soon the poor thing. I don't understand how people can mistreat or decide to give up their animals.
    We recently bought a kitten as it had been stuck in a pet shop for 2 months with nobody buying it, litter after litter had come and gone but nobody wanted her. Somebody took her home for one night and then brought her back so me and my Mum being the people we are ended up taking her home with us.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit, just right for a dull Autumnal day!
    Thomas is a darling, he's so cheeky and looks really naughty peeping out of that cupboard.
    Both of ours started off eating cheap own brand cat food but over the years have developed a taste for the posh labels and the most expensive biscuits. Stephen will even sit on the table when I'm eating my cereal trying to nudge me out of the way so he can have it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look dress, the colours are fab!

    Bless how cute is he! He looks so cute in the peaking photo. Whiskas is luckily not a fussy eater, he just causes me to break my wrist instead! I still love him though.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress, love the colours in it! I can't stand people who just abandon animals - I don't understand how anyone could do it. He looks so cute in those photos - hope he gets better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit.
    Cats are very cunning aren't they! I hope he is back to his normal self soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your jacket! Hope Thomas is on the mend now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope lil' Thomas get better soon!
    We're looking after a cat that was dumped out of a car near to our home. Trouble is Tink, our little girl cat, is getting so stressed its affecting her health, so we need to find a new, loving, home pronto.
    I made the same mistake with high end food too - just once as a special treat, I thought! haha fussy little things x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa! I've been a bit MIA recently so haven't yet had a chance to congratulate you on the new job! Such fantastic news, well done you!
    Poor Thomas, one of my cats Georgie has had a bit of a chequered history health wise too, and it's so upsetting. I hope he makes a full recovery and can get back to being spoilt by his mum very soon! xxx lots of love Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit, a simple dress & brogues is one of my favourite looks :) Hope Thomas is on the mend quickly - sounds a lot like my cats, spoilt rotten!x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx