Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Bristol Fashion Week and Bristol Haul.

Hello everyone

Sorry for such a long delay between posts, I have just been quite busy.

Last weekend I caught up with a friend and we attended the Bristol Fashion Show.  In the past Mark Hayes (the fashion stylist on This Morning Britain) and Andrew Barton (celebrity hairdresser) presented it and the banter between them was very funny, however this year it was presented by Mark Hayes and Lucy Watson from Made in Chelsea. I felt it lacked a bit of its usual humour which was disappointing. The tickets were £8.95 and for that price you get to see the catwalk show which was fabulous as usual and you also got a goody bag which contained various samples and products.



Unfortunately we got there a bit later than expected and ended up sitting on a row near the back, this was the view.  To be honest we still had a good view this photo is not the best! 



I really enjoyed the catwalk show, they have models of all shapes and sizes and different ages.  I was not keen on the 'Brights' section where they mixed bright yellow with bright blue and red! Not my type of thing. However I loved some of the items especially this pretty dress from Superdry.  Its £50 though which I think is very expensive for a cotton dress! It looked amazing on the model on the catwalk though and I loved the scalloped edging.



Afterwards we went shopping and I purchased a few items:

Firstly to New Look where I picked up this gorgeous Cameo Rose Floral Bustier Dress.  I really love the colours on this dress and how nice they look together.







Also in New Look I purchased this pinstripe skirt in the sale. Being that I am only 5ft 3ins this is a bit too long for me and midi length does not suit me at all!  Therefore as it was only a fiver and fitted me really well I decided I would buy it and take it up to just above the knee.





Then in Dorothy Perkins I picked up probably my most favourite item this gorgeous crochet shoulder jumper/top.  I love this its so pretty plus I got 30% off...bonus!  It looks so much nicer on than in the photo. 






I also picked up this pretty stretchy bracelet in the sale too.




Lastly in H&M I purchased this pretty lace top which I just thought was so versatile. I love lace!




and this beige pencil skirt.  Again I really wanted some skirts that were for work.  This goes so well with many of my tops especially the lace one above and will be lovely for spring/summer!




and I also got this pretty peachy pink lace peplum top in the sale for £7.00, this is gorgeous. Used stock photo as I had uploaded all my photos and forgot this one!!





What do you think of my haul?  Do you love lace?

I will be catching up on all your blogs sometime today :) 

Take care

Lisa-Jane
xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa-Jane, you did well and bought some super items, am particularly fond of that floral New Look dress.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yeah that dress is really pretty x

      Delete
  2. This is a stunning dress you got! Please share some pics when you wear it! I also like the bag the goodies was in, it's like those old seaside posters from the 20s-30s :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sure I will post some photos when I wear it x

      Delete
  3. I've been reading your blog for ages Lisa (since the "Handbag" days probably!) but only just got round to registering and commenting. I love the floral New Look dress, I think that could be worn in so many ways. Retro styling would look fab!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx