Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Swindon Haul - TK Maxx, New Look, Primark and Peacocks

Hiya everyone :) 

Last weekend I had Friday off work and I went to Swindon to stay with my closest friend for the night.  She booked us in for a Spa afternoon which was fab and afterwards we went back to her house got dolled up and headed out to an italian restaurant for some lovely food.  We decided at the last minute to go to the cinema after and ended up watching Sunshine on Leith...I really loved this film. 

Then on Saturday after my friend cooked a lovely breakfast we headed into town to do enjoy some retail therapy.  My friend said she would not be spending a lot...however whenever she goes shopping with me she always spends loads...must be my bad influence!! 

I spent around £100, which is  a lot for me in one shopping trip but oh well I work for my money.

Firstly my most favourite buy for a really long time were these Taupe Suede Leather boots from TK Maxx. they wee £49.99 but they fit and look fabulous.  They were originally £82 and they are just worth every penny of almost £50.  I love how they fit on my legs too they just fit perfectly and are not too wide on the calf like a lot of boots.  I love these so much!  



In New Look I made a rather impromptu buy and purchased this quilted jacket.  I have to admit I am rather put off by these jackets for the simple reason that everyone is wearing them, however this one is a really nice fit.  Its very flattering.  I am still not 100% though so I may take it back as its a waste of money if you are not 100% sure! Plus they do remind me of Puffa jackets which I absolutely hate with a passion!




In Primark I bought quite a lot of black things...very unusual for me!

Cream crochet collar black jumper, believe it or not this is a size 6!!! I am a size 12 with a 34F chest and no way would I fit into a size 6 jumper....I don't know how they get their sizing. This is stunning I wore this the other day with black denim jeggings and its just so versatile.






Cable knitted mini skirt, this is really versatile I also wanted it in cream but it had sold out!



Black pencil skirt which I thought was ideal for work 





and I got these cable knit tights...love the look of these.





and a hair turban....my friend uses these and said they are fab.  Instead of using a towel to wrap your hair after you have washed it you place your hair inside it wrap it around and it has a loop and a button so you can tie it together and it stops your hair from falling out of the towel.   You can buy these in Primark for £1.50.



Finally in Peacocks I purchased this berry coloured butterfly purse.  This was only £7.  I had my eye on one in Accessorize which was very similar but it was £16.00.  I cannot get over how nice this is and the quality is amazing especially for 7 quid!


Oh well Ollie looks rather unimpressed by my haul doesn't he?



I am sorry I have not been blogging as much but I am working now and I am so tired I will try and do some outfit posts soon.

Thank you

Lisa-Jane
x

7 comments:

  1. Hope you're keeping well :)
    Lovely pieces you have picked up, that purse is a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crochet top - such a pretty collar! Also your kitty is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the jumper, very pretty.

    Its amazing how the time seems to go so quickly this time of year. I think it feels worse as its dark when you go to work and dark when you get back.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots and jumper, so cute. I have one of those hair turbans and it's brilliant if you have long hair, i use mine loads x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice weekend. Your boots are lovely, and a bargain too. Boots like those will last ages and be worn year after year so you can easily justify the price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a hair turban too! Every time I go to the Dollar store I keep meaning to get one, but they never have the pink one :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried that lace neck jumper after seeing it on your blog and you're right, it was super baggy. As I am an 8, I was not able to size down like you did which was sad. I also wish it was cotton, not viscose!! X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx