Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Early birthday present and a couple of buys

Hello

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Before I go onto my post I just want to say how awful that road crash was on the M5.  I live in the West Country and have been on that stretch of motorway many times.  My heart goes out to all the people who died and the people who were injured and to all the famillies who have lost loved ones.
It just highlights how fragile life is.


I have to admit I hate motorways at the best of time, Mike and I have been on the motorway in thick fog and we always slow down but we get people speeding past and and they cannot see a thing in front of them...very scary!

Anyway I just wanted to thankyou for your comments on my previous post.  I tried a faux fur coat on which was exactly the same as the Matalan one in New Look but it made me look like a huge Yeti! I am thinking maybe I will try the TS one in store.

At the weekend Mike and I popped out to a few stores.  I find Asda clothing is a bit hit and miss. They do have a lot of chavvy rubbish but I do like some of their items.
I am not a snob, I mean I shop in Primark so hardly snobby but I have to admit whenever I go in Asda I am never surprised by the amount of 'rough' people in there....sorry but its so true! 
I saw this dress and fell in love, I think you can see why as you all know I love:

a) lace
b) cream
c) peter pan collars
d) its girly and feminine.

Anyway Mike said he would buy it for me as one of my birthday presents!

If I am honest I don't think the model does it justice as its a much nicer dress than it looks.



I think its stunning!

I also bought these boots in New Look I am going to wear these with dresses and skirts for work.   

And also this tube skirtI am planning to wear this with thick tights, blouses, longline cardigan and pumps or boots.



Lisa-Jane
xx

15 comments:

  1. Loving the haul Lisa-Jane!
    And I totally agree about the crash, it's awful.....!

    Jules
    http://andsuddenlyisee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa-Jane I NEED that dress! Its totally fab. Agree with you on the Asda thing.I hate the Asda where I live and close by at a retail park there is a George store and I`m scared to go in, theres always a lot of red angry faces rifling through the clothes... eeek
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt sick to my stomach when I seen that crash on the news, so very sad. Ive not bought any clothes in Asda for the longest time, my Asda isnt chavvy its very much for the 'mature' lady. There used to be a younger section but its gone now. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite lucky with my Asda, being London you get a mix in every supermarket and they tend not to stock the really rubbish clothes (I got a shock last time I went to an out of town one though).

    That cream dress is super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crash is a tragedy, more so when they show the people who lost their lives on the news, it makes it so much more real.
    Our Asda is horrific. We have an Asda Living store too which just sells clothes, homeware and beauty stuff but the people I see shopping there shuffling around in fake Ugg boots and velour trakkies put me off. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable!! White lace is always so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crash was terrible. My heart goes out to them.

    As for your dress..... Loving it.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crash was just awful - it's so scary driving in terrible weather. Just before Christmas my friend and I attempted to get to Birmingham for a work party - we got about 30 miles up the M5 before the weather turned and the snow was awful! We turned around at the next junction and just came back to Bristol again. Everyone was driving at about 30 miles an hour, and no one was using the outside lane... until some plonker in a 4x4 zoomed past everyone at 70 miles an hour, showering us with ice, snow and grit! What an idiot! When we got to Almondbury, the same idiot had crashed into a barrier - it wasn't a serious accident, but it was completely avoidable.

    Anyway, I love that dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not been into an Asda clothes dept as we have none near us. Hope you have more joy with the Topshop coat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate motorways too, I was so sad to hear about the crash :(
    On a brighter note, that dress is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have heard about that crash and it's terrible :(

    That dress is gorgeous...lace, Peter Pan collar and white. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fully understand that you've fallen in love because the dress is wonderful. I want one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was actually driving on another motorway the same night in fog and feel so lucky, really awful! Love that dress and the boots are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx