Pages

Saturday 19 March 2016

Clothing rituals

Hi

I am back and with lots and lots of hauls coming up...great news for anyone that loves these kinds of posts.  I have had a major blogging break down and have been finding it hard to think up great ideas for posts but I really need to get back into regular blogging. I am really going to ensure from now on I make more effort with this.

I have been thinking lately about my wardrobe and rituals when I buy new buying clothing.  

As you can probaby tell from my blog 'I love Shopping'...no big surprise I know!!!   I have also come to realise I love even just looking inside my wardrobes, I love sorting my wardrobes and every now again I will try random things on to see if I still like them/want them! 

I also have clothing rituals!!  For instance if I have been shopping I have to keep the items I have bought that day in the carrier bags until the weekend and then I like to take them out and try then again before hanging them up (and taking photos for my blog).  If I was shopping on a Saturday they stay in the bags till Sunday!  I know I am weird haha

My wardrobe is colour co-ordinated and I like all my shoes and boots on display and not in boxes as I like to see them sitting there...does anyone else feel like this?  I have all my ballet pumps in a small storage basket as I find them easier to keep like that.

My belts are hung up on an Accessories hanger I got from Primark a few years ago for about a £2.  I have tonnes of belts!  My handbags are all stored neatly next to each other in colour order. 

I also have all my dresses hung up (winter and summer mixed) but in colour co-ordination.  I start with whites/cream/nudes then pinks/peaches then red then navy/blues/greens and lastly blacks/greys.  Maybe I am weird but does anyone else do this?  

I have a whole wardrobe of just dresses and then another wardrobe with skirts, tops, blouses, knitwear etc all in colour co-ordination.

I also have this obsession that I cannot have a messy wardrobe, everything has to be neatly on the hangers, they have to look tidy with any zips, buttons done up and belts tied up.   

I think because I love my clothing so much I like to keep it nice and well organised.  

I also keep my jewellery and hair accessories in a little storage drawers I got from B&M a while ago. My necklaces and hair wraps are hanging up on a little butterfly hook inside my wardrobe.





I spend a lot of money on clothing, I don't drink or smoke and have never taken drugs and I don't have any children (except for my cat who is my baby) so I all my money goes on clothing, holidays or the house.

People say you are always shopping but I say to them as long as I can afford it and my bills are paid what does it matter.  After all this is my little vice and it does not harm anyone else.  I work so why should I not spend my money how I like it!

Do you have any clothing rituals?  Do you like your wardrobe a certain way?

Take care

Lisa-Jane
xx


2 comments:

  1. Perfectly fine that you spend your money as you wish. Like you said, you have no one that depends on you and you pay your bills so the rest is all yours! :) I don't rituals nowadays as much, but I use to coordinate everything, my socks and my underwear, with what I would wear this day. Now I'm more open, as long as I don't wear a black bra under a see-through top haha! Oh all my hangers and clothes face the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I also like my wardrobe a certain way! Clothes I rarely wear, eg. ballgowns etc are pushed to the back and then, if I can, I match all of my clothes up in outfits and hang them together so that I never have to think too much about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx