Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

Weightloss photos!

Hiya

I don't want to be one of those bloggers that go on and on about weightloss as I really believe that you can look amazing and pretty at any age and any size!  However I wanted to do a post to show how much weight I have lost since I have changed my diet.
I cannot deny although I have been ill I am glad for the weightloss as I am feeling much better.

I decided to cut out gluten from my diet and I am feeling a lot better.  I honestly feel that gluten/wheat was affecting my stomach and making me sick. I feel a lot healthier since I ditched it.  I also have cut down on eating chocolate and biscuits like I used to as if I eat too much fatty foods now I get a bad stomach ache and terrible indigestion!  Its weird as I used to have such a strong stomach and could literally eat a lot before feeling ill!  I have not had a takeaway for what seems like ages, and we have eaten out but I have chosen gluten free options.  Mike and I went to Bella Italia last weekend and they do gluten free pasta and its low calorie, it tasted just as nice as the normal pasta dishes. 

This was me before the weightloss this photo was taken in November 2013.  When this photo was taken I actually felt I looked nice in this dress,  I felt it was flattering.




This is me in the same dress taken on Thursday.  Its funny but I don't feel the dress is as flattering now I have lost weight I think I need a size smaller.




You can see the dress is baggy on the hips and waist where the belt is holding it in.  Also it used to be skintight on my arms, so skintight my arms felt uncomfortable if I am honest!  I  measured my arms and I have lost about 2 inches from each arm.
I have lost 3 inches from my waist and hips.  Another thing I love is I notice I have very intense 'hip dips' and my chest is still big but not as big as it was.  I actually bought a couple of cheap Primark bras the other day as they are gorgeousand cheap and they actually fit.   I found in the past Primark bras (even the bigger sizes) did not fit me that well! 

My stomach is tiny now up to what it used to be and I am actually looking forward to wearing a bikini on holiday for the first time in ages.

I am not saying I have the perfect figure but I am feeling much better about myself and inside 'healthwise' I am feeling lot better too.

I think I do actually need some new clothes as my old size 14 dresses are way too big now.  I am now more of a 10-12 depending on the shop/fit.  I am worried about putting the weight back on so I will be constantly watching what I eat but that's no bad thing!  

Now I just need to take up some exercise and maybe I will feel even better.

Have a lovely weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx


9 comments:

  1. Hi hun, like you say as long as your healthy and happy it really doesn't matter what age or size you are. You looked stunning before and stunning now. I do hope you are feeling better now and that the gluten free diet is helping you loads.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, that dress looks different! You've lost loads! You look good in both versions but if you're happier smaller, go for it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked great before and you look great now! But if you feel happier, then that's what matters x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous Lisa! Well done on sticking with a healthy diet, I'd recommend boot camp as an amazing work out. Give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look super and the most important thing is that you feel happy in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm glad you feel good! I thought you looked good in the first pic, you do in the second, but as you say the dress is now too big! Good excuse to go shopping though ahha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Lisa! You're going the right way about weightloss by eating a healthy diet instead of opting for a crash diet, it makes it much easier to maintain in the long run.
    I think you looked fab at size 14 but if this gives you more confidence to be slimmer then go for it! And enjoy the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that dress really shows a big difference! Well done you.x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are feeling better Lisa, and you really do look great, but you always did!
    Keep up the good work and you have inspired me to get exercising too :)

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx