Pages

Thursday 16 June 2011

Lately......

I am really fed up!

I feel like I am going nowhere in life and want a change.



I want a job but I don't know what I want to do and feel I am too old to make changes. 

I was recently made redundant so is not like at the moment I need a job straight away but I want to get one soon.

I would love to work for a charity either animal charity or Women's Aid I just want to make a difference not be in a boring job running reports and dealing with financial figures....aka my old job!

Also things are ok between Mike and I but I still feel the loneliness.  We have talked but I honestly wonder if things will change, I am just so unsure what to do for the best.  I also wonder if I should have had a child as I feel there is something missing from my life and I have never felt that before.  Its really upsetting to talk about but I feel like I am existing and not living!
 
 
The other problem is I don't have many friends.  I do have two very close friends, one of them is 8 years older than me but she is really young at heart but she lives the other side of the city and my closest friend is 8 years younger and lives in Swindon so its not like I see her as much  as I would like to.  Plus I have no family where I live except my husband....what a saddo I am.
I am a really friendly person so its not like I don't make friends easily but I am really picky and only like friends I really trust.

Anyway thats my moan for today...sorry to be so self centred but I had to get that off my chest...now breathe!

Anyway onto nicer things I just want to say a big thankyou to Sadie of http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/ 
 I received the giveaway prizes and they are lovely I will blog about this in the next few days but I need to get a camera.

I went out shopping today and picked a few things up from H&M, New Look and Primark but as I have no camera I cannot show you the photos.

I am definifely getting a camera on Saturday so will post about these items then!

Lisa-Jane
xx 

12 comments:

  1. aww *hugs* I have the same problems as you except that I'm still fortunate to have a job (phew!) which I hate.... sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel the way you do.
    Have you thought about volunteering in an aminal shelter or women's refuge at weekends? It would be a good way to meet new people, do something worthwhile and to make friends with like-minded ladies.
    You're a baby compared with me, it's never too late to make a fresh start or go back to college. I've met fabulous women that have done it in their sixties and seventies.
    Big love to you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should just take the plunge and go for a job you love! We're the same age and I only have a few close friends but takes me a while to get to know new people, you definitely not too old to have a baby if you really want one, I don't have any yet, but thats another story! Hope u feel better! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, i'm sorry to read this. I think Vix has given you some excellent advice, a bit of volunteering would keep you busy, help you meet new people and then you could work out what kind of job you really want to do.
    As for the baby thing,you are not too old to have a baby if thats what you want to do x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will find a great job, doing something you enjoy, and meet new people, just don't give up hope, and try to think positively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, I'm sure you'll find a good job soon. I think you'd be wonderful working with animals - it would probably be a really rewarding job too. Don't be afraid to go after what you want :). You would probably make new friends with a new job too. I'm in a similar situation as all my old friends from uni have now spread themselves out across the country! I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so down. It's definitely not too late to have a child though - my mum had me when she was 39, and my best friend's mum was 40 when she got pregnant. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah hun, I am so sorry you feel like that but theres loads of stuff you could do, have a baby, volunteer, retrain as a vetinary nurse!

    As for the friends thing I know exactly how you feel but you have your blogging mates, Im always around for a natter or just for you to let off steam!

    G -Unit xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah hun I am so sorry you feel down but you are writing yourself off hun, you can have babies, volunteer, retrain anything you want! And don't forget you have all us lot!

    G-Unit xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. trust me, I'm sadder than you! I don't make friends easily. I def think a job would ease your sense of loneliness. As for a child. I really couldn't say. The world is your oyster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you find another job really soon Lisa, go for something you love and will enjoy. As for a baby, hmm tough one but if things still aren't quite right with your oh then i'd wait first and see how things go with your relationship.

    (((hugs)))

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much for your kind words, I hope everything works out okay. I'm so sorry you feel this way, this post hit a note with me, as in the past before my partner I have felt so much like this. You will know what's best for you in your heart, just follow your heart. I hope everything works out for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive just came across your blog and Im moved by this post. I could have written almost all of it myself. Friends and family will tell you everyone is the same and just trudge along with the daily drudgery in life and its apparently 'normal' but why accept normal? Make changes, its never too late to start and reach up for what you want. Good luck and huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx