Pages

Thursday 22 October 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Hello all

Sorry I have not written much lately but I have been rather busy working such long hours as per normal!

I just had to blog and say that I finally brought the Confessions of a Shopaholic DVD with Isla Fisher, isn't she gorgeous! I am going to sit down at the weekend and watch it. I have heard mixed reviews about this film (mainly bad reviews if I am honest) but as I love shopping and I have all the Sophie Kinsella books I think I will like it.























I also brought this book today and think its going to be an amazing story. Its about the life of Harry Patch who was the last serving veteran of the trenches. Sadly Harry died earlier this year at the age of 111. I am a firm believer in the fact that we should never ever forget war and those who served, were injured and gave their lives for us. And to the men and women who are fighting war today they are all true true heroes.
























I saw this coat today on Oli and I really love it but I am not sure if the style will suit me as I tend to suit coats with a belt around the waist!






































Bye for now
Lisa-Jane
xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm sure you will love Confessions of a Shopaholic. I too was one of the only people who hadn't seen it, until i picked it up in Tesco for £5 the other day.
    I absolutely loved it!!!! Happy watching! and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie yet. My girlfiends watched it and said it was too girly, but they aren't very girly girls. The trench is nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat! And the books sounds fascinating! I've seen the movie. I didn't mind it. I loved the books and Isla Fisher is adorable. Plus she's an Aussie :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't seen this film! Hope you enjoy the book, Harry Patch was a hero x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, I got my bag from the Clothes Show live in Birmingham for £10, I can't remember who its by tho... :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. have just stumbled across your blog and it's superrrr cute!!

    i love that pea coat- but im sooo excited because summer is just aruond the block here in australia!!

    and i still have not seen confessions yet! i have toooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coat is really nice- I think it would suit you. I haven't seen the film yet, but I have read all the books, and I think Isla Fisher is really funny- so bet it's not as bad a people say! Oh and that book looks so interesting- it was very sad when he died. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That movie is pretty horrible, which is a pity because I love Isla Fisher! Even when she did horrible soap operas in Australia.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx