Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

Going Dotty

Hello everyone, long time no blogging!


Sorry I have been rather down the last couple of days so I was a 'bad' blogger plus I have a sore throat.

Today hubby had to go into town to pick up his suit for his brothers wedding next Saturday so I went with him and had a little browse.

I bought this dotty dress in H&M. I really love it as it sort of reminds me of 1940's style dress.  Plus dots are meant to be big this season. 










 I also bought a navy blue longline vest top, in fact its so long its like a dress.
In Primark I took a couple of things back but was most disappointed with their stock.  However I did buy these hair bows, the red looks lovely with dark hair.


I also bought some Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze, which is a moisturiser with fake tan.  I will do a review of this sometime soon.


I went for 4 interviews last week, two of them I have not heard from despite them telling me they would definitely get back to me by yesterday! One of them I was told I did not get (the part time one) but one of the ladies who interviewed me said my interview and test were brilliant and it was only that they had one person who had a healthcare background and so thats why I came 2nd. It was brilliant feedback and I got the feeling the lady was genuinely regrettable that I was not chosen as I had a great rapport with them.
The other job I will not hear about till next week.


Anyway I hope all my followers are ok and sorry I have not been blogging much of late.


Lisa-Jane
xx

19 comments:

  1. 1) So sorry you've been sick! 2) Love that retro style dress, it's so pretty and 3) Best of luck on your interview outcomes; it's challenging out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mini-dots! Great blog here. We're all busy with things so don't apologize to your readers, we've been there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute dress :)

    & I sure hope you hear from them soon
    Good Luck hun!!!


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is just darling, I can see what you mean by 1940's vibe, and good luck with the job hunting, im sure something amazing thats a perfect fit will turn up soon :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress, I've just bought a Polka Dot one from Topshop :). Sorry to hear about the job but brilliant feedback eh, keep trying and fingers crossed you hear something positive next week.

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear, hope your sore throat is clearing up now. Love the polka dot dress.
    Hope you get some good news on the job front soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you start to feel better soon hun.

    Sorry about the jobs, however it sounds like you interviewed very well so don't give up!

    Like the dress, it looks very you. Bet you look great in it. Looking forward to hearing about the cream. My tan is fading far too quickly!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better.
    The interviews sound like they went well, what great feedback.
    Lovely dress and pretty bows, they will look nice together! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dress, it reminds me of Gwen Stefani's one in "don't speak"!
    oh and I really want to try out that cocoa butter! :P
    Good luck on the job hunt, I'm looking for a new job now, argh!!!
    jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with hearing back from the jobs!
    I went to Primark yesterday and I agree I was not very impressed. I came out having spent less than a tenner on a bracelet, plain tee, a ring and a pair of tights! Not very exciting hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies feeling worse today have a high temp and throat is worse!x

    Sadie - oooh I would like to see which dresses you bought.

    Jules- Do you know I was thinking it reminded me of someone with really blonde hair wearing it and I could not think who it was..I was thinking Pixie Lott but now I realise it was the lovely Gwen Stafani! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. those hair bows, are soo cute!x

    http://loretta-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute dress.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you about the last job, you've done really well getting so many interviews.
    Hope your sore throat is gone x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dotts are always in .Love your blog .Follow each other .

    ReplyDelete
  15. The polka dots are just adorable. The bows are really pretty too.

    I hope the job has good news :) And I hope you haven't come down with anything. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the 1940's styling around at the moment.Hope you have a good week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx