Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

Outfit post and a charity shop buy!

Hiya everyone

I have not been feeling myself of late and rather depressed if I am honest. This is something I really don't like to go on about too much as I don't want people to think I am self centred as I know a lot of people have a lot worse problems. 

 Thing is I will be 40 later this year and maybe I am going through a midlife crisis but I feel like I want to be the old me again, the cheery 'slim girl' with the funny quirky personality, lately however I feel fat, middle aged and frumpy.  It does not help that I constantly seem to be ill with one thing or another.  I know its the demons I need to battle myself as other people would probably not say this about me but its how I feel inside!!  Also I am suffering with severe anemia at the moment and I am taking iron tablets which also make me feel rather sick plus I have to take not just 1 a day but 2!

Today Mike and I went to this little village near where we live and they have lots of little cute shops and some charity shops.

This was my outfit - rather plain but I like it nonetheless.



Cream Ponte Dress - H&M
Mink Belt - Dorothy Perkins
Mink pumps - Topshop
Tights - Primark

In the St Peters Hospice I fell in love with this gorgeous bracelet and at only £1.95 it was a snip.
It has a couple of stones missing but still I think its rather stunning.

I was trying to take the photo in sunlight as the stones are so sparkly!



I like to think this belonged to a little old lady, thats what I love about charity shops, things have a history. Its really heavy too and yes it may only be diamonte but in my opinion its rather beautiful.

Have a lovely weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx

17 comments:

  1. You're neither fat nor frumpy but I know it's a mindset and it's hard to believe other people. If you need to off load, my email is on the main page of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hun sorry to here you are feeling down. Its a bad time of year dark days and cold and miserable.
    | love your cream dress and black tights combo!
    By the way there is no way you are fat and frumpy. You look fab.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace!
    And stop feeling depressed, 40 is the new 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun. Sorry you are feeling so low. Son't stress about hitting the big 40, I've found it ok yo be fair!

    Your bracelet looks lovely.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bracelet! I love charity shops too. Don't worry too much about ageing, I always think you'Re younger than what you actually are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon lovely, totally with you feeling down and blah lately x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you've been feeling so down lately. You look younger than 40, you have nothing to worry about!

    I actually nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
    check out my post about it here:
    http://hollylikestoblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I look half as good as you at 40 I shall be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are neither fat nor frumpy!!! I know what you mean about feeling low inside. I've always had low esteem and no matter what people say it can't skate it.
    But believe me Lisa, you look fabulous and have nothing to feel low about. Great find, the bracelet is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, look back through your blog posts, read your blog like its a blog you follow not your own...would you really call all these outfit posts and new clothes you buy frumpy?? They most definitely are not!! Look at the picture you just posted in the white dress....you're not fat!!! You are gorgeous please try not to be too hard on yourself :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning bracelet, really great find.
    Sorry you're feeling low, you always look fabulous to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you are feeling down- blame the time of year, January is rather depressing. You got a bargain with the bracelet, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa your legs look amazing in that photo!!
    I think everyone feels a bit down at times. I definately feel frumpy and awful some days, since having Seb some days i don't even get the chance to brush my hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have been feeling down, it's a awful feeling isn't it :(. You're sooo not frumpy, your really slim!! Love the bracelet, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh god I was just going to say that your body is amazing, I cannot believe you are going to be 40. You do NOT have my permission to feel fat, because you are far from that!! I love your outfit by the way and that bracelet is precious, I love things that have some history. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little bracelet is really cute! Fab find there.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoep you feel better today Lisa-Jane! You're a gorgeous woman!! And don't ever forget that! Hope you had a lovely Xmas and New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx