Pages

Monday 29 December 2014

My christmas ♥


Hiya everyone 

My christmas was really relaxing,  on Christmas Eve Mike and I went shopping.  To be honest it was more like browsing than actual shopping as we did not have to buy too much.  We then decided to go to Bella Italia for lunch, I love Bella Italia they have quite a lot of Gluten Free choices and Mike loves the mushroom starter he has it everytime we go there! 




 We then popped to Asda which was packed, anyone would think the shops were closed for a week not just a day! We bought a few bits and headed home.  Once home I wrapped the remaining presents up and then I made a Gluten Free Victoria sponge.  I hardly eat cake now so I thought it would be nice at christmas to have a treat plus as we were going to Mike's parents for christmas I thought it would be nice to take something with us.  I did cheat and used Betty Crocker Buttercream for the filling along with Strawberry jam.  Even if I say so myself the cake tasted really nice and Mike's parents loved it.  They said they could not tell the difference between GF and normal Victoria Sponge.




On Christmas Day we opened our presents in bed, I am not going to show you everything I had as I don't really like doing that, I mainly had gift cards amongst other lovely gifts but I had to show you my Body Shop perfumes that Mike knows I love,  Strawberry scent and Japanese Cherry Blossom. I would much rather have these than any expensive perfumes.



   Also I got  this gorgeous Jasper Conran handbag.



After we opened our presents we had breakfast in bed and got ready.  I like to dress up on Christmas day but I am struggling with clothes at the moment as where I have lost weight most of my dresses are too big!  I wore my M&S heart
print skater dress which was from the M&S Limited Collection Petite range.  We got to Mike's parents around 12ish and Mike's neice was there she is currenly at Uni and was home for christmas.  It will probably be her last christmas in the UK as she is off to China later next year and will be spending christmas 2015 in China.  I have known her since she was 2 years old so its rather sad.  She bought her boyfriend who I had ever met before...he was really nice.  He is chinese and has never had christmas in the UK before so he tried all the british traditions like christmas pudding etc etc...not sure what he made of it all though ha ha! We took loads of photos and then sat down to a lovely christmas dinner.  I had the GF Victoria Sponge with double cream for dessert and the others had both the sponge and christmas pudding lol...we were all stuffed!

We then opened our presents and then played Mr & Mrs, which was hilarious, it was so funny we were literally crying with laughter.

We had a such a great day, we came home about 6pm and then Mike and I snuggled up with Ollie and watched Miranda and Eastenders. I had to watch Muriel's Wedding which was on later I absolutely love that film. 

Boxing day was spent in bed with my laptop browsing the online sales!!  No way was I going out on Boxing Day!  I am so glad I stayed at home after seeing the news with the shops all jammed.  I ordered a few things from ASOS and Mango which I shall post about later.




All in all we had a fabulous christmas.

Hope you all had a great time and looking forward to 2015.

Take care

Lisa-Jane
xx


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, a proper traditional Christmas. I had no idea what to wear either, I ended up in jeans and a jumper as Andy and I were on our own for most of the day, in the evening we visited family so I put on slightly nicer jeans and jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas Lisa.
    I love the Bodyshop scents too, and I could not live without my hemp handcream.

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italian food! I went to Mass on Christmas Eve with my parents and one uncle and aunt and they came home for the rest of the evening. They came back on the 25th, but I spent all day in bed with being sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really craving Bella Italia now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sounds like a fan Christmas. I love The Body Shop but have never tried the perfumes before. Can't wait to see your sales buys,I did some sales shopping online too, much nicer than actually heading to the shops! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great Christmas hun. I like the bodyshop perfumes too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is a beautiful gift! I always try to take advantage of the sales after Christmas, but it never seems like I get much. I also think it's so strange that people are buying so much right after a holiday where they received gifts!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag! I agree, there are some smells that I just love and would take over the expensive perfumes! I am so jealous of that bag though! Didn't know you could get betty crocker in the uk - is that new?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx