Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

Oatso Simple, Bargain tops & last nights TV.

Well I have been cutting out junk food for a few days now and feel a bit better for it.

I love having breakfast but felt I never had time in the week so therefore I was grabbing a bar of chocolate on my way to work...how bad is that!

To try and change this I brought a box of Oatso Simple Golden Syrup.






















They basically come in separate sachets and you just empty a sachet into a bowl and add one cup of milk, you then put in the microwave for 2 minutes and voila!


They taste lovely and its so filling, it means I am not snacking on rubbish.


They are quite low fat and you do not need to add any sugar as the golden syrup ones are sweet enough. They are probably loaded with sugar but I still feel its better than snacking on chocolate bars and it does fill me up.


This week I brought a Topshop tunic from Ebay.























Got this for £5.00 including postage. I do love Topshop but I have to admit I do think their clothing is overpriced and people will pay it as its 'Topshop' which annoys me slightly. I admit their stuff is better than Primark but still not worth the prices they charge!


I also managed to pick up this cream knitted dress from Primark, it said £10.00 on the price tag but when I got to the till it was only £5.00. I wore it the other day and was amazed how it kept its shape for £5.00. Its funny but it looks shapeless in the photo but its actually quite fitted and its really warm and snuggly.




















Yesterday I did some 'charity work' as my mother in law has been doing fayre/car boot/jumble sales for about 35 years to raise money for a Diabetic charity. My OH's brother has been diabetic from childhood. Yesterday she had a jumble sale so I went along to help. Whilst I was there I managed to pick up this top for 20p and another couple of basic style tops for 20p each.




















Sometimes they have some great finds but I must admit this one was not as good as others I have been to.

I don't know what happened but my previous post regarding the fake fur coats has been deleted and I am not sure how to get it back! strange

Last night we stayed in and watched Strictly Come Dancing and I think I have a small crush on the lovely Matt Baker, he comes across as very charming and has a nice body plus he seems like a nice guy. His dance partner Aliona is absolutely gorgeous her body is fantastic.

I have been watching the X Factor but to be honest its starting to grate on me.
I used to love Cheryle Cole but now the whole' nations sweetheart' thing is annoying me seen as she was charged with assault..... hardly a sweetheart!
And also when she comments on the acts I think to myself she is hardly talented.

I really like John, Aiden and Matt though and Mary is brilliant. I think Belle Amie are pretty and I think Rachel is good. Last night I watched parts of it but I would rather watch Brit Cops Rapid Response which was on Channel One.....!


Anyway have a lovely weekend for whats left of it.

Lisa-Jane
xx


6 comments:

  1. I have that Topshop top! I usually wear it with leggings and ankle boots.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been the same as you on breakfast, no time and grabbed chocolate or something like that instead. Since i've been pregnant though i've found i have to eat properly and i'm a total breakfast junkie now, i feel so much better for it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I do love a good breakfast. Porridge with bananas, cinnamon and honey is my current favourite.
    Pretty finds and a fab design on the jumble sale teeshirt.
    I missed X Factor last night, I need my Wagner fix. He's so hot. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't leave the house without breakfast! Love a porridge! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oats is a fantastic breakfast. It keeps you full for longer. And it's quite healthy too.

    I adore your buys. You always have some lovely buys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been the same over the last few weeks - I've either had no breakfast or some chocolate with a big cup of tea. definitely not good!

    Lovely haul! the black n pink tunic is totally gorgeous and such a bargain! I never get anything good in the sales or even from ebay :(

    couldnt agree more about cheryl cole! I'm sick of people making it seem like we just have to like her - she's not particularly talanted and there are loads of really lovely sweet girls on tv so i dont get why we all have to like her!! :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx