Pages

Friday 13 January 2012

A vintage dress

Hiya

The funniest thing happened to me the other day.  I was in Dorothy Perkins and was browsing the concession sale rails, there was only me and this little old lady in the shop and we were browsing the same items!
In her hands she was holding a silver sparkly tunic dress with sequins on, it was really pretty and she asked she asked me what size I thought XL was in DP, to be honest it looked like a size 12!!  I said I was not sure as you know what shops are like nowadays with sizing I mean I am a 12 and I can get into anything from an 8-16 depending on the shop!  She then proceeded to tell me that she loved fashion and shopping and she was in fact 90 years old...in which I gasped she looked fabulous. She was wearing a beautiful bright magenta jumper (something you would buy in Topshop)  with the same colour hat and full make up. She proceeded to tell me how she was never going to end up dressing grey and dowdy like an old lady. 

As she was talking to me I suddenly realised she was me in 50 years time! 
I did feel a small tinge of sadness but why should I....she was happy and said she did not feel old but she reminded me of a book I had read called Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (one of the best books I have read). I wondered what she was like when she was young how she would have looked.   I left thinking that you are NEVER too old to look fabulous and look after yourself.

Onto the reason for my post....my fabulous new vintage looking dress courtesy of ASOS Marketplace.  Have you ever used this?

I fell in love with this vintage style teal floral dress and had to have it.  It arrived yesterday and its lovely, its very good quality and lined.   I am planning to wear this when the weather gets warmer with tan wedges.




Also I will be doing a haul post in a few days!!

Have a lovely weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx

13 comments:

  1. Bless the little old lady! So sweet!
    The dress is very pretty. I've not ordered from asos marketplace, I tend to avoid buying clothes online as I'm an awkward size so like to try things on x

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness that dress is gorgeous!
    Just had a H&M delivery so loads to try on. I ordered minty green ballet pumps too.... they are gorge!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great story! It just goes to show you can't judge a person by age or anything else...if there's character there it will shine through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my nan is almost 80 and still has the same clothes as she has since the 1970's. Literally. Granted the quality must be great but GOD how boring.
    I have no idea what I'll be like in later life :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the vintage style dress is a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, that dress is gorgeous! love it! Can't wait to see it on you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, oh that dress is beautiful!

    Can't wait to see it on you

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, the pattern and colour are exquisite xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sound of that lady. I want to be like her too.

    Great new dress. It will be fab in the summer.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lazy sounds amazing! And that dress is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww what a lovely story, I love those women who never let age define style xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love this dress! Which seller please? I'd consider buying one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx