Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

My amazing weekend away


Hiya

I went away at the weekend to Torquay with 2 of my closest friends for an early 40th birthday celebration.

I tried to book the Premier Inn on the seafront but it was fully booked, we later found out there was a beer festival on that weekend.  Therefore we stayed at The Grosvenor Hotel which is the one that was featured on the Channel 4 fly on the wall show 'The Hotel' earlier this year.  I thought it would be funny to go there for a laugh and it was only for 1 night.

My 40th is not until November but I wanted to go away in summer although on Saturday the weather was more like November than June!

We had such a fabulous time.  My friends managed to get me away from the hotel for a bit while they decorated the room and they bought me a cake and decorated it.




You can see that Yimen and I love the same style clothes can't you???



The hotel was a bit old fashioned but it was clean, comfortable and cheap and certainly ok for one night and to be honest we were hardly there anyway.

We dumped our bags and got a taxi into town and had a little browse around the shops.  We then went back to the hotel and got ready for an absolutely fantastic night out.  We went for a meal at Prezzo, which was gorgeous and then we hit a few bars and clubs.

Me & Yimen on the harbour - my dress is the coral pink lace dress from Forever 21 I bought earlier this year and the jacket was also from Forever 21.

I do hate this photo of me I look like I have a massive face...ugh!












I look a bit vacant in this photo!




Ceri acosted a policeman for a photo...he loved it! I have to admit he was quite nice looking and very tall!  Yimen and I look so tiny!
Ceri is really funny and has a really quirky personality and proceeded to tell the police officer that I loved a man in uniform...embarassing or what!



On Sunday the weather was a lot more like summer, it was gorgeous.  After breakfast we took some photos in the hotel gardens.  

Yimen and I do not mean to dress similar but we both love the same clothes! I actually have the boots she is wearing and the cardigan luckily I did not take them to wear!







We then went for a walk down to the harbour and had a drink in one of the many pavement cafes and then we took a trip on Torquay's land train.



The train back to Bristol goes along the coast so we passed Teignmouth and Dawlish.

some photos from the train.






The funny thing is I am going back to Torquay with Mike in a few weeks time!

Hope you all had a great weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some amazing friends, sounds like a perfect weekend! I've never been to Torquay but it looks lovely.
    Xxx Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea to start the celebrations early! You three girls all look absolutely gorgeous, I bet that handsome copper thought all his Xmases had some at once!
    My friend Liz is 40 on Friday, I'll have to suggest we extend her birthday until November and have a girlie seaside weekend, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend looked fab! Haven't been to torquay for years; I wonder whether the same hotel staff were there...?!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, sounds as if you had a fab weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great time you had, the girls really did good! Much better to celebrate now than November x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a fab time! You look lovely and I love the shots of you and your friends! I cannot believe you are 40, I thought you were my age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the early birthday celebrations, seriously you do not look 40 at all you look much much younger, id say a good 10 years younger. Love the coral dress too looks fab on you x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had an amazing time Hun. And you all look fabulous too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful time it looks like you guys had! And you look bloody brilliant! Stunning infact. I love the coral dress on you and the dreamy cream one too. I have to say i always have leg envy when i see your photos, not to sound too weird but you have lovely legs... ok that does sound weird lol, but i hope you know what i mean :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time loving all of your outfits :D

    Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great time, the cake is fab! So sweet of your friends.
    I have a friend who has very similar taste in clothes to me, can be embarrassing at times haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely in all of your photos, and you look very young too, I would have thought you were younger than me, I'm 30, so you must be doing something right. Looks like a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx