Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Workwear in hot weather...opinions needs on these outfits please!

Hiya

I find it so hard finding work clothes in hot weather as a lot of my dresses are quite short so I wear them with opaques but obviously in this weather you cannot do that unless you want to be boiling!

I like wearing skirts but then I have to have tops that don't show too much of my bust and that are not too tight and thats difficult when you have a large chest.  They either look baggy and unflattering or tight and revealing....and thats not good for an office! 

With this in mind I was thinking of dusting off my Yumi dress and wearing it to work, I have another Yumi dress which is navy and white too but its a bit more workwear.    I just wondered if this was too pretty for work and more like something you wear for a wedding...what's your opinions?  Please excuse my fat gut I ate loads while on holiday and now I am feeling rather bloated!! :( 



Also what do you think of this outfit, this is actually a dress which I have worn as a skirt as I have tucked the top part in....do you think this would look ok or do you think that it looks frumpy? Can you tell its a dress tucked in??? 



I have to wear the cardigans as I would feel a bit too exposed in work without a cardi!!! Anyway I would love to hear your opinions.

Thank you

Lisa-Jane
xx



7 comments:

  1. I think both outfits look perfect for work wear, pretty and ladylike but still smart. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vix, both of these outfits are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) Thank you so much for the comment on my blog, I'm very new to it so it was so lovely to read.

    I know exactly what you mean about dressing for work in this weather, it's a nightmare! On Friday I wore a skirt and t-shirt and everyone kept telling me I looked "Summery" so I spent the whole day worrying I looked too casual for the office! ARGH!

    Both your outfits look perfect to me .. cute and cool for the hot weather but also smart looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both too, i feel so lucky to be at home in this weather, as i can wear whatever i like!

    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the second outfit. If you haven't said anything about it being a dress, I wouldn't have known!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you. i also think it is hard to find work cloth. if i wear a long dress, i'll feel hot. Too short dress is not suitable for working.

    bridesmaidwear.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love both of these outfits! I thought the bottom picture was a skirt!!
    I agree though it often is difficult finding appropriate clothing as we're not used to having nice weather for such a long period! I had to go to a formal meeting the other day and wore tights as I'm not keen on black shoes with bare legs (as I'm so pale) and it was ridiculous hot wearing the tights, especially as it was the first time in over 2 weeks I'd wore them! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx