Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

What am I currently reading?






I love reading and when I go on holidays,  I always like to take a few good books to read whilst I am relaxing on the beach or by the pool.  Just before I went on holiday I bought a brilliant book which I am halfway through at the moment and I had to tell you about it.

Its called A Street Cat named Bob and its by James Bowen.  Its actually a true story of of a drug addict (James) who lives hand to mouth on the streets of London.  James comes home one day and he finds an injured ginger cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation and takes the cat in and calls it Bob. 

He tells how Bob helped him to survive and how he also helped Bob survive.  I was a bit worried about reading this as our beloved ginger cat Tommy died last year and he had been a street cat. I thought it would be too upsetting but I am only halfway through at the moment and its a very heartwarming tale and a must for anyone that loves cats. 

Being that I am massive fan of ginger toms, we have had two, I could not resist adorable Bob on the front cover.  I just love pets that have human names too ...ha ha! 

Have you read this book?

Lisa-Jane
xx

6 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm glad that ginger Tom is honored with his own book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend bought me the book for Xmas, I read it in a day! Did you see Bob and James on BBC Breakfast? Bob is the most intelligent and calmest cat I've ever seen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your cat from last year, I'm sad for you. I haven't read the book, I'll have to check if it is available in Canada, or look for it next month in London.

    I still haven't finished my J'adore Paris book, it seems I don't get into it that much :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my Mum this for Christmas, might have to borrow it off her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I have this book in my pile of "to read", my Mum read it and said it was a lovely story.
    Have you ever read a book called Dewey? That's about a cat who gets dumped in a library drop box; I didn't finish the book sadly as I knew the ending of the book would be sad when the cat died, as it was all about the life story of the cat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you might be interested to know that there has been a follow up to this book recently released, it's currently on £5 off in waterstones too. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx