Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (Anti-Fatigue Effect & Radiant Glow)

Hello
 
Last week I purchased Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation to be honest it was a bit of a impromtu buy  as I was not planning to purchase it.  Usually when I buy beauty items I like to find reviews online first to see if they are any good.
 
I wear foundation every single day as since I was 14 I had bad skin.  I tend to go for a full coverage foundation and have tried many over the years.  For the past few years I have stuck with Vichy Dermablend in Gold, this foundation is fabulous and has an excellent coverage, however since I have gotten older my skin is a lot better so I wanted to try something  with a good coverage but a tad lighter in texture.   I came upon the Rimmel Wake Me Up and this is what it promises.
 
Our first foundation that visibly reawakens skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural looking finish. Instant anti-fatigue effect. With peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising Complex.
 
This was £8.99 in Boots...however we popped to Asda after and they were selling it for a fiver!! So annoying when that happens. 
 
I find with Vichy the Gold shade is the closest shade for me but in the Rimmel I bought Natural Beige which is a bit darker than the Vichy Gold, but as I tend to always be tanned I thought this would look better. 
 
As soon as I got home I could not wait to try this out. I took my make up off on one side of my face and put the Rimmel on that side so I could compare the difference between the two! Straight away I could see the Rimmel made my face appear more radiant and awake.  The colour was much more suited to me too and I think my skin looked more youthful on that side.  I asked Mike (without telling him which was which) he said the side that Rimmel was on looked much nicer and my skin also appeared much smoother and younger.  I feel it definitely gives me a more younger and radiant look and it does have a sort of glow about it. 
 
I am so pleased I purchased the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and will definitely be repurchasing this again. 
 
In my opinion this product lives up to what it states on the bottle.
 
Have you ever tried this foundation?
 
Lisa-Jane
xx



6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this one, I tend to go for an all in one style of foundation and prefer the mouse/powder medium as I have red pigmentation marks to cover. But is sounds like you should definitely stick with the Rimmel, I bet you looked luscious.

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it but it's a little too rich for my oily skin :( So it's not the one I reach out the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Stephanie above. I liked it but made me oily. I really like rimmel match perfection at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this one but mine is almost out so I need to check a few others out.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of this but I have really oily skin so the look doesn't last. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't tried this yet! Must get round to it as I always hear good things about it :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx