Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2010

A age old question?

Sorry I know this is an unusual post but I would really appreciate my lovely fellow bloggers opinions!

I brought this dress a while back and now I am wondering if I would look too old in it!






















I am now ahem....36 and was thinking do you think it would look ok with black leggings/black opaques and boots/ballet flats??

Do you think I woud look ridiculous or do you think I could get away with it.

I have always been a stong believer in age means nothing and as long as you don't look like you are 36 trying to look 20 I think its ok to wear what you like within reason.

What are your opinions???
And how could I wear the dress without looking:

A - tarty
B- mutton dresses as lamb

Or should I sell the dress/take it back after all it was only from Primark and was not expensive??

6 comments:

  1. I have the dress, Love it :) think it goes with lots and can be dressed up or down. I say keep it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, we're the same age!
    Age definately means nothing! and does not look tarty, it would look fab with leggings and boots and even skinny jeans with heels! x

    http://stylefrost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hun, I'm 43 and wouldn't think twice about wearing it. It's such a pretty dress and you are gorgeous with a great figure so you'd pull it off with both style and dignity!
    I've got a similar shaped Kate Moss one I wear with black opaques and high lace-up brogues and although it's short I'm often complemented.
    Some women in their 40's look awful in ra-ra skirts but an equal amount of girls in their 20's do, too.
    I vote keep it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a 30 something year old I say it's a cute! I would wear it with leggings or jeans myself, as I think it's a bit short just to be a dress (but that's just me)! I reckon flats, ballet pumps, sandals or heels would all be fine! I don't think it would look tarty or mutton dressed as lamb - it might with bare legs and stilletos, but I don't think it's a tarty style! Hope my ramble makes sense! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments.

    Steph - I agree its very versatile.

    Stylefrost - yeah I think skinny jeans and heels woudl look great with it.

    VV- aww thanks you are kind. You look fab at 43 but then again I can imagine you always looked fab. The Kate Moss one sounds lovely worn as you said. I agree that people can look good or bad in clothes whether they are 20 or 40!

    BBB - yeah I don't think I would wear it with bare legs and stilletos I might look a tad tarty lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Lisa ignore that lady. Its not what you wear its how you wear it. I'd go for leggings and brown boots with it. Its really pretty. Anyway nobody would ever know you were 36! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx