Pages

Sunday 28 November 2010

My coat saga and a couple of buys!

Well as you know last week I brought the camel coat from New Look which was in my previous post. I wore it Monday to work and had a few compliments about it but when I got home that night I noticed that one of the buttons had fell off so as there was a spare one I sewed that on...sorted or so I thought!

Tuesday I wore said coat again and as I put it on another button fell off in my hand and then another fell off!!! Don't get me wrong it was only £35 so you do get what you pay for but still I don't think this should happen. Plus I noticed that after wearing it once the material looked in bad condition. Yesterday I took it back to New Look and they gave me a refund and I decided to have a browse around and ended up buying another coat in H&M.

I brought this red military style coat which fits really well and red does really suit me. It was more expensive at £50.00 but its a much nicer coat and the material is really nice.
I think the photo makes it look cheap but its a much nicer red in reality.




















I also took back the H&M pink ribbed knitted tunic as after trying it on again I decided I was not as keen so therefore I exchanged it for this longline pink tunic from H&M which fits so much nicer. It is long enough to wear as a dress with tights or wear it over jeggings/leggings. I also love the colour too.





















Then I brought this purple headband from Primark, this is to wear with the purple dress below for my works black tie christmas party.





















This is so flattering.






















I love the frill under the skirt it looks such a pretty dress.





















Lisa-Jane
xx


10 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas party dress, and the hairband from Primark is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchases!!
    xoxo
    lamia
    http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah how frustrating i.e. the New Look Coat, grrr, your new one looks really nice though :). Great buys xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that purple dress, where is it from? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I brought the dress from Oli some time last year. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wonderful! Especailly loving the red coat and party dress. I bet you look stunning in red. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! That purple dress is lovely!! The headband is sweet too.

    Plus I love the red coat. Such lovely items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your purple dress is so pretty and the red coat is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely party dress. I've been looking for one myself (which I just posted about) I love the colour purple for a party dress.
    It's a shame about the camel coat, but then I love the military style one too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx