Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

The past week - birthday, work and beauty buys

Hiya everyone

Sorry I have not blogged much or left any comments on your blogs but I will be catching up on them tonight and tomorrow its just this week has been hectic.

I started my new job on Wednesday and because I have not worked for so long its very tiring. It seems that the days are so long now its really hard going back to work full time. On the brighter side the people seem really nice and the job seems good.  Plus my father has not been too well and there has been a problems in the family which have not helped!

It was my 39th birthday on Thursday, its funny but I don't know how I ever got to be 39 I mean where have all the years gone by...plus I still feel 29! 

Today Mike took me shopping and we had a meal out. I did not buy much for myself, mainly christmas presents.  Mike gave me money for my birthday and he also brought me these lovely undies in la Senza.  I also had money and vouchers from other people too.






I did buy myself a couple of my favourite Natural Collection lipsticks in Rose Petal and Sorbet.

I wear Rose Petal a lot as its such a nice lipstick especially considering its only  £2.99.

Me wearing Natural Collection Rose Petal lipstick





Next Saturday I am going to Birmingham with my friend so I may spend the money then.

Have a lovely weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx


20 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fab birthday, you definately dont look 39!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday gorgeous lady! As I have said before you don't look a day over 25! Stunning! So glad you had a lovely day and that work is going well! Much love Xxx Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a fab bday, its true you do not look 39!
    pretty undies, and never tried natural lippys before, but so cheap and pretty might need to snap a few up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Hun! I hope you're enjoying your new job, even if it is tiring! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thank you for all your kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a fab birthday lovely xx hope your dads feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I hope your birthday was amazing. Love the undies x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a bit of a "mixed bag" kind of week,haven't you?
    Hurrah for birthdays and fancy undies and your new job!
    Hope your Dad comes right.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I'm glad that your new job is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  10. good to hear the new job has some nice people there. You'll get used to the long working days, when I started they seemed like an eternity (well, they still do but I accept it now).
    I always feel a bit peculier seeing underwear, I would hate to blog about my bras but maybe I'm just a prude, lol!
    You look lovely as ever and NO WAY 39 hun.
    I'm ok thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh happy happy birthday :) The underwear looks gorgeous and I'm sure you will have fun shopping.

    Working full time is difficult when it's been awhile. I found that too when I first started working full time. Glad you have good people though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a challenging week for you.
    The undies are beautiful and you look stunning in the new lippie.
    Hope your Dad's okay. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday.

    Hope your Dad is better soon!

    Glad to hear the job is going well. Thanks for the comment on my post, I haven't heard what you mentioned about faux fur being real fur before. That is scandalous if that is the case, surely if a care label says acrylic they should be made of acrylic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday - glad the job is going well.
    Jules
    http://andsuddenlyisee.wordpress.com
    http://wordshakermag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there! Happy birthday! I couldn't resist popping over after seeing your comment on Sophie's post and was most intrigued to see her 'prudish comment!' The underwear is very nice- good choices! Wow, 39- looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Lisa , sorry I didn't know it was your birthday ! Hope you enjoyed and had fun . You are beautiful , don't feel that way . I know we all do but we as women need to support each other and stop looking at fashion mags and reading about celebs because I do that but I am trying to do less of it . Real life is not about photoshopped models and celebs . Real life is about being a real women with all our imperfections being perfections !

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a poor blog reader I am! Heres a belated happy birthday hun. I truly hope you had an incredible one. Your hubby has great taste, (obviously as he married you!) those are stunning undies. Can't believe you are 39! Must be a fib surely, you only look in your 20s. Share your secret now I beg!

    Hope work is going well too.

    Love to your dad. Hope he is on the road to recovery.

    Loads of love.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday! Hope everything gets on the up for you :)
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the comment Lisa , I like the comment by Cindy C. too . It is nice to see something to be inspired by . I have stopped buying fashion mags for a while now . I enjoy the fashion and bits every once in a while though .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx