Pages

Sunday 19 August 2012

Charity shop finds - Jewellery stand & jeans

Hello everyone

Last week when I had a few days off after my holiday I was at a loose end one day and decided I would have a little browse in my local charity shops.  In the British Heart Foundation I came across this rather gorgeous jewellery stand which was just £1.99.

I thought it was rather nice and although I do have jewellery storage which is more suited to earrings, hair slides and bracelets, I thought this would be ideal for my necklaces as they get rather tangled in my current storage.

Its pretty and looks really nice by my bedside.




Then in the St Peters Hospice I found these Primark grey super skinny jeans for £1.50.  These are a size 10 and looked really small as I usually find Primark jeans come up smaller in their sizing, anyhow I decided to try them on and they actually fitted.
I am quite slim on the legs anyway so they fit perfectly but they are quite snug over the stomach, however as I am dieting at the moment this will change as I don't have that much to lose.
I only have blue or black jeans so thought these made a nice change and they look lovely with many colours especially cream (one of my favourite colours).





I don't know about where you live but I am finding that charity shops are getting dearer, don't get me wrong I know the money is going to charity but some of the prices are just ridiculous for second hand items.
They had a gorgeous Oasis knitted dress for £10.00, ok so it was in good condition but ten pounds!!!

Anyway what do you think of my buys?

Lisa-Jane
xx

9 comments:

  1. You've chosen brilliantly, that jewellery stand is gorgeous and the jeans will be really useful.
    I don't mind if charity shops charge more for good makes in great condition, it does annoy me when it's an over-washed TopShop tee shirt, they write "TOPSHOP" on the price tag like it's designer and charge a tenner, that's when it's silly! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that the price in some charity shops is ridiculous! You can find some amazing bargains. I've had quite a lot of luck the past 6 months. I picked up a leopard fur coat for £10 and when I googled the brand it seems it's actually vintage from the 60's! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely buys! ive thought the same thing about chazza shops getting more expensive. Sometimes i feel like its for a good cause but other times it just feels slightly unreasonable seeing as the sales in matalan you can get a brand new tshirt(just as an example) for a few quid and yet charity shops seem to be the same if not more expensive for second hand. Only sometimes mind. Im sure there's still lots of bargains to be had, like that beauty of a jewellery stand!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh great finds. That jewellery stand is really useful too! :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the necklace stand, it's adorable! The little dress on it is really sweet. Great find with the jeans too, grey jeans are really flattering I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the same here in the US they have no clue about pricing. My daughter saw a pair of boots that she liked they wanted 40$ for them that is just ridiculous I could easy find her 2 pairs new for that price. I think that thrift shopping is hip right now and they are cashing in on it while they can ~Your jeans are cute and so is the Jewelry Stand it holds a lot!! Enjoy your new treasures Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great finds. I know what you mean about the price of things in some charity shops, it's true it goes to a good cause but when you can get such good deals on eBay for pre loved clothes, charity shops should be mindful that they don't lose out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx