Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

A bit of vintage!

Last week Mike's parents had a bit of a clearout as there loft and garage are literally bulging at the seams! They really have so much stuff.

Mike's mum gave me this gorgeous old fashioned hair brush, mirror and brush set it actually belonged to Mike's grandmother who died aged 94 in 1996. 



I these are really pretty and I certainly will treasure it I wonder what year it was made?

To think it has lasted all these years is amazing!  Nowadays things don't last 1 year never mind over 50 years!

Lisa-Jane
xx

5 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for those pretty dressing table sets, too.
    Are they plastic coated or can you drag your fingernail across a raised design? If they are plastic I'd say they'd be 1950's. Like you say, it's wonderful they've survived so long. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vix

    Yeah they are coated the inside looks like quilted crumpled material. They are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww they are so lovely, i love that you know who they belonged too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sets, my mum has one that was passed to her and I'm always tryna to pinch it lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx