Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

REVIEW: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Tan Glow




Firstly I just want to say thank you for your kind wishes I am feeling a lot better today I have a docs appointment this morning.

Anyway onto the review I shall start by saying I have been using this for a few months now and I have to say this is my favourite fake tan product. It does have a down side though but the colour and ease of use makes it a definite winner with me.

This is what the company say about the product:

If you have freckles, veins and imperfections on your legs that you want to cover up, Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Tan Glow is the product for you. Your legs will look beautiful with a long-lasting wash-off tan. Silky smooth, long-lasting leg make up that stays put and washes off.
  • Covers imperfections, enhances skin tone and makes the most out of what you have got.
  • Safe, convenient and provides an instant result which you can wash off when you want.

How to Use

  • Shake can well.
  • Spray directly onto hand and apply evenly all over legs.
  • Allow to set for 60 seconds before dressing.
  • Easily removed with soap, water and a face cloth.
  • Use only as directed.

Firstly shake the can and spray onto your hand and then rub it into your legs, when you spray it in your hand you will be a bit taken aback as it looks like a blob of brown fizzy mess.  When you start rubbing it in it feels like thick foundation, basically its like foundation for your legs as its meant to cover veins and marks, I am not sure if it does as I don't really have any prominent veins or marks on my legs.
Because you can blend this so easily and the colour is so natural it looks fantastic.

This is my legs after 1 application with nothing else underneath. 

***with flash***



***without flash***




Usually I wear my St Moriz (Dark) (the lovely Vix is a fan of this too)  and then I add this as an extra topping just to give that ultra flawless finish.  Airbrush Legs does have sparkly glittery bits in but its not so sparkly that it looks silly.  
I use this a lot and not just on special occasions, and I use it all over my body apart from my face. 


The downside with this is that it rubs off onto clothing and bedding so you have to be careful.

PROS

1) Easy to use
2) No Smell
3) Brilliant consistency
4) Foolproof you cannot go wrong with this stuff as you can see exactly where you put it and its so blendable
5) The colour is great
6) Its not too expensive
7) Washes off hands really easily after applying


CONS

1) It sometimes rubs off onto clothing/sheets etc
2) Washes off as soon as you have a bath or shower, which is a pro and a con really.

These are the colours in the range but I would strongly advise against the Deep Glow as I found it to be really orange.  I used it once and it looked like I had been tangoed big time, luckily you can wash it off straight away!  I have not tried the Light Glow or the Medium Glow as the Tan Glow is the ideal colour for me. 



Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs retails at £10.20 in Boots but I buy mine in Savers for £6.99. Sometimes Boots do Buy 2 get 1 free offers on this product. I know that Asda and Tesco stock it too but I am unsure of the price I know the cheapest I have seen it was in Savers.

The next one I am going to try is Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze, this is a moisturiser with fake tan in. I have heard great things about this so I will let you know what I think of this too!


Lisa-Jane
xx

12 comments:

  1. Great review there Lisa! I may have to try that Palmers Cocoa Butter as well, as my legs are really dry at the mo :/ oh well...

    Jules @ A Bit of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great ♥ ... i would love to try the palmers natural bronze too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your legs look fab, I'm definitely going to give this a whirl.
    Good luck at the docs. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love this, although it don't seem to work too well for me anymore, boo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I should try it... looks great on you :D
    xoxo
    Vicky
    www.styleandfashionlover.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Palmer's cocao butter everyday and did not realise they did one with fake tan in it?!?! *excited* :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo your legs look great! i'll check it out if i ever run across this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start tanning more, might have to give this a go. I'm so streaky all the time though

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo the St Moritz dark and the sally hansen legs are two of my fav products.
    Love those shoes too.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great! I could do with trying this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am too fearful of making a total mess of myself. This summer I've got almost no natural tan at all, very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, thanks for sharing, I love St Moritz. Your legs look great with the Sally Hansen airbrush legs, but I do worry if your on a night out and you spill your drink or it rains it will end up all streaky. I've heard really good stuff about the palmers one. Look forward to seeing your review xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx