Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

OOTD & Matalan/TJ Hughes experience!


Dress/Tunic - Topshop via Ebay
Belt - Primark
Jeggings - New Look
Tan wedges - Dorothy Perkins

If you look closely you may spot Tommy in the background lying on the bed lol!

Yesterday I popped to Matalan....Oh my god Matalan is probably one of my new favourite stores ....thats strange saying that as I used to feel it was a bit ermmm...........tacky!!! I know you are probably gonna laugh at that seen as the girl loves Primark but Matalan always made me think of...sorry but chavs! eek 

The clothes are ok, the Be Beau range have some lovely items but they also have some lovely things for the home I could have bought loads. Gorgeous duvet covers,  lovely lights and floral arrangements just so many gorgeous items and at good prices.

Anyway I bought THE dress the one I loved! Its lovely it is high on the neckline for me but it looks great with the top 2 buttons undone as larger chested girls tend not to suit high necklines.
Its so flattering on and I love the scallop detail on the sleeves and front.  Love love love this dress.


I also bought a mirror and I tried some jeans on as I have been after a pair of bootcut jeans (I know they may be a bit out now) but I like them as they are flattering. I do like wearing skinnies and jeggings but hate my thighs with a passion so I always wear things that cover them...although my friends always say I have thin thighs...yeah I wish.
The jeans were good in there but not the fit I really wanted, therefore I will have a look in Primark next time I am in town as I don't want to spend a lot on them. 

On the retail park where Matalan is they also have a TJ Hughes which as you may probably know is closing down so thought I would have a look. The sign outside said 90% off so how could I not look.  I thought to myself wow this is going to be good.....understatement of the century!
People were going mad in there is was like it was the end of the world but it was absolute rubbish! Honestly I cannot explain how awful it was, all they had left were tubs of make up that were covered in foundation, lipstick and blusher where the packaging was damaged, hideous clothes and teapots with no lids....ha ha who wants a teapot with no lid???
The queues were massive and people were buying loads.

I also popped into Pets at Home and bought Tommy 2 tubs of treats that were on offer. He does love his little treats.

 

 Lisa-Jane
xx

12 comments:

  1. Nice dress, great eBay find.

    Glad you found your dress in matalan. Bet it looks fab.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute dress Lisa! I don't go to Matalan as there isn't one near me... *sigh*...

    Julia @ Retro Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. that matalan dress looks so pretty, can't wait to see it in an outfit shot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! Gorgeous dress ;) Can't wait to see how you wear it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these dresses are very pretty. I 'discovered' matalan earlier this summer, I often peruse the website and snap up a bargain or ttwo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo that dress is so cute Lisa. I`m interested to see what you wear with it. Tights or bare legs and would you wear a cardi?
    I also thought the same Matalan = chav central but I went in with my sister and was loving the housey things, especially the patchwork quilts and baroque style accessories.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That new dress is a beauty and the one you're wearing is lovely, too.
    We have two Matalan's nearby, I really like their Egyptian cotton sheets and stock up when they are in the sales. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh meant to say as well how gorgeous that tunic is on you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so almost bought that matalan dress, it's divine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to seeing the dress on you Lisa, its really pretty.
    Try New Look from bootcut jeans, they are bargainous and good quality too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dress! The scalloped sleeves are pretty. Boot cut jeans are fine. I don't really think any style is out anymore. It's more about what suits you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx