Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Topshop buys!




 I popped into Topshop earlier in the week as I wanted to try on these dresses.  I love the shape and style and the reviews on the website were good.  

Also I had some paypal money as I have sold a lot of things I no longer wear on Ebay and after trying just the red one on decided I had to get them both.  They are like a thick stretchy material with lycra in and are just the right length for me. 

 I cannot honestly believe these dresses are only £20.00 as we all know Topshop is a bit on the pricey side, I expected them to cost more as the quality and feel of the dresses is gorgeous. 

 They hug you in all the right places and stay in shape and I love the colours as I do tend to have a lot of creams, nudes and pastels in my wardrobe. 



 I love clothes that are versatile and can be worn in different seasons and these fit that bill accurately. 

I was going to buy the Miss Selfridge ballet dress but knew I would get much more wear out of these.


I also bought this belt which was £10.00 reduced to £1.00 in the sale. 



I will do some outfit posts with these this week or next week.
Gosh its so hot at the moment I am having real difficuty sleeping and I know we all complain when its cold but its just so humid its unbearable.

I also just wanted to say thanks so much for your lovely comments on my FOTD post I am quite shy really about showing my face so it actually took a lot for me to do this!

Lisa-Jane
xx

13 comments:

  1. They are lovely, very versatile and perfect dressed up or down, you'll get loads of wear out of them. I haven't bought anything from TopShop in ages but the ribbed vests I bought back in 2000 are still just as good now. x
    PS Thanks for describing the set, definitely sound like 1950's then, how lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look of these two dresses, they should be versatile. I wish this shape dress suited me but it just doesn't. Belt was a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dresses and very you too. What a bargain belt.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses are lovely and will look fab on your figure. I'd buy them for myself if they were a little longer but they'd be far too short for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those dresses! They'd be a great addition in ANY wardrobe!
    julia @ retro jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. £20 each? That's a massive bargain for Topshop prices!
    They are really nice, definitely somthing I can see you getting a lot of wear out of, and they will look equally great in the winder with boots and tights I reckon!
    Did they come in many other colours?

    xxx Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maddie - £20 each I know I am really suprised as the mint tunic I bought there earlier this year was just cotton with no stretch and not half the quality of these and it was £22.50!
    They have them in a pinky red, ink blue and black. I have black dresses similiar so I bought the red and blue. I wish they had them in more colours like mocha, patterned/floral or brown. They are on the website under tunics but they are def dresses.
    Yeah I am wearing them now with bare legs and going to wear them in winter with tights.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog and I can learn a lot from you, adding to bookmarks, such a interesting post!

    hugs and kisses by Mani.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dresses are a bargain! Love the shape of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Topshop dresses! I was eyeing up similar ones yesterday, they just seem to sit so perfectly when you wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have bought both of those dresses too. They are utterly gorgeous. Plus I like the sound of their fit. I wouldn't mind the navy one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these topshop dresses, they look like they are cut perfectly, and you are right, they are probably incredibly versatile! That's the best, especially when you have no idea what to wear...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx