Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

My hair and my hair envy!

I have long hair but its not as long as it used to be (its a long story) but basically it used to be waist length now its probably to the middle of my back maybe a bit longer. This actually does not show the full length of my hair. Excuse the old dodgy dressing gown but it keeps me warm ha ha



















I so want my hair back to waist length and to be honest I know it sounds silly but I miss my hair so much it has really gotten me down because I feel not so attractive as when my hair was longer. Its probably a confidence thing but it has has made me ponder do I get hair extensions or not??

I saw these ones in Boots the other day but they are not real hair! They cost £30.00 but I am wondering if its really worth it as my hair is long anyway just not long enough for me! I have calculated that if hair grows at half an inch a month then my hair will be the length I want it by June so its not too long to wait.
Has anyone else tried these?

























I also want to create curls, this is my bugbear as I can never seem to curl my hair with the straightening irons. That photo was taken after I had tried to curl my hair with the straighteners....hmmm its more of a wave!
I am going to buy some curling tongs and try them out and maybe I will have more luck.

Sometimes I wash my hair at night and keep it in a plait overnight. When I take the plait out my hair is wavy but its more of a flat wave.

I have serious hair envy of all these girls and I would love curls like Miley Cyrus, her hair is just amazing!


























This is not as long as I want it but I love the curls and colour.


























I love Kim's wavy style


























Vanessa's hair is just stunning although mine is actually longer than this!




























Cheryl has gorgeous hair but it is extensions!



























Whose hair do you envy?

12 comments:

  1. *sighs* I have hair envy of sooo many people. My hair is a really weird texture, whereby it wants to fuzz up and not lay flat. So I am terribly jealous of everyone I see who's hair IS behaving. Don't forget all these celebs have personal hair stylists, so its no wonder their hair looks great. You are very lucky to have hair as long as it is, mine won't get that long.
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy everyone's hair but my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, I was in a right depression yesterday over my hair. I love my hair long but a horrible hairdresser cut far to much off last time and it seems to be taking an age to grow.

    I have hair envy of all the ladies you mentioned and many more.

    I have just bought a babyliss curling wand in an attempt to curl my hair so I'm hoping that may work.

    I'm not too sure about hair extenions myself, not sure I would be able to get them in and them look natural.

    Goodluck

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is lovely hun, it already looks really long from your pics so i wouldn't bother with extensions, just let it grow naturally. I want to grow mine a little longer too, although i do get mine cut every 6 weeks or so as i love the ends being fresh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your hair looks fab as it is. I would let it grown longer naturally. My hair is rather long, I need a cut soon. I just hate it when the hair dresser takes more off than you would like and you feel lost without it. I also can't decide whether to have something different done with it? Was debating a blog post to ask for suggestions.

    I have attempted to little avail to curl with the straighteners. Curling tongs by far are the best but with hair long and thick as mine and yours is, it takes soooo long. Curling wands are meant to be good, I also saw a tutorial on youtube for using socks to create loose curls over night. I'll let you know if I ever get round to trying it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok thanks for all your comments.

    Sadie I have mine cut every 8 weeks I used to do it every 6 but felt it was not getting any longer!

    Sciencegeek - Well I am going to get some curling tongs I think. That sounds interesting about the socks I will have a look for this.
    Yeah you should do a blog post on it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Zooey Deschanel's hair, Brigitte Bardot's and Cheryl's. So long+lots of texture+cute fringe! I've always had almost waist-length hair but once a hairdresser took it upon herself to chop it into a shoulder length style despite my insistence on 2inches minimum and it was so traumatic.

    I've had a choppy style with a fringe for a few years now but I grew out my fringe and layers last year after a couple of disastrous cuts, and I totally didn't feel like me, so I know how you feel. Only when I got it recut in December did I suddenly feel like my personal style had returned and that my clothes looked good!

    Maybe some vitamins might help the growing process along? good luck hon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shiny curly locks but they require so much maintenance! Big waves are my favourite; and Cheryl Cole always looks so fantastic.

    I'm not sure about the Babyliss extensions, but today I dug out my old fake fringe from some generic brand on ebay. It looks good, so I reckon Babyliss would do a great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair as it is, sometimes it does us good to have a good old chop as we really appreciate our long hair when it grows back.
    I wouldn't bother with the extensions, unless you're prepared to pay lots and lots they always look fake. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww thanks VV. I agree with you re hair extensions I do worry that they look cheap and fake! It should not take too long to grow...hopefully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have curly hair but envy Zooey Deschanel's hairstyle and would love some bangs but my hair doesn't look good with bangs . Right now that is all i can think of .
    btw , i love confessions of a shopaholic movie too .

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh , my goodness I just saw that you added me to your blogroll , I will do the same ! Thank you so much , how lovely of you !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx