Pages

Sunday 9 January 2011

A question of jeans?

Hello

I really would like your opinions.

I am not a jeans girl I only own about 2 pairs, one of which are skinny jeans from Primark so they are cheap and the other are skinny flares from Topshop.

Years ago I used to love bootleg jeans when they were really in but for the past 5 years or so I have found I am wearing jeans less and less.

I think jeggings have taken over for me and I love them.

I have now decided I really want a decent pair of jeans just one that I can wear with pretty little tops or fitted jumpers but I want a mega flattering pair and I really need your advice on what jeans to get!

So what style do you think is best for me, I am top heavy and slimmer on the bottom half, currently a size 12 but hoping to be a size 10 soon.
So would bootleg be best or maybe straight leg or even skinny???

I want something that fits well and looks flattering so nothing baggy ie boyfriend jeans and also a pair that will just always look great and will always be in.

Also I would love to wear my skinny flares again but what shoes do you usually wear with yours? I was thinking of peeptoe wedges!

Thanks

Lisa-Jane
xx

8 comments:

  1. Hey, i would defo recommend dorothy perkins' super skinny jeans, theyre about £30 but once you've worn them once, theyre just like leggings with a button! and they look great with everything. I find them so comfy and theyre defo my 'go to' jeans! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your best heading to a big dept store and trying loads on. My favorites are my Baxter skinnies from Topshop and my Sass and Bides, also skinny. I usually only wear jeans in the winter time so its usually with boots. Peeptoe wedges would look really nice with some wider leg jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello....I wear boots with just about any type of jeans....of course they go OVER the skinny jeans..Id try boots:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm after some nice jeans too, I find it so hard to find pairs that fit on the waistband that go over my thunder thighs lol. I constantly live in jeggings but would like a nice pair.
    The thing I hate with jeans is you think they fit you perfectly then once you've worn them they become loose around the waist or baggy on the knees?

    I think the wedges would look lovely with bootcut jeans.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be following this post, I am jeans hopeless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have difficulty finding jeans... I'm the opposite of you as all my weight seems to centre around my hips and legs, and I always have the loose-around-the-waist-but-tight-around-the-thighs problem. Next is usually a good place to buy jeans though, I think. You're lucky to be able to wear skinny jeans, you can wear boots with those... flared/ bootcut jeans are harder to wear boots with, but look nice with heels and are smarter I think. Sorry if I'm confusing you! I'd say try lots on in the changing rooms, to decide which suit you best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hii :) riverisland is good for jeans.. if you're top heavy i'd stick to straight leg just as skinny might emphasise the proportion difference between your top and bottom half too much :). also straight is always in style yayy. i'm bottom heavy so have to have bootleg to balance out my fat ass, but i still buy jeggings :/ haha. they make my legs look even bigger but i find if i layer up my top then it's all good (such a fashion victim that i am) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually wear straight leg jeans because skinny legs just make me look squat because I'm not too tall. And I wear flats a lot too. So I'm not really sure what would be best for you though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx