Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Yumi purchases

Hello ladies

Following on from my previous post I mentioned that I took my mum to Clarks Village last week.

 

For anyone who has never been there Clarks Village its one of those discount retail outlets.  Take a look at their website here http://www.clarksvillage.co.uk/ .  The only thing that I don't like about Clarks is that there isn't a decent restaurant so mum and I went to the pub that Mike and I go to across the road on the main high street.  Its a really olde style pub and they do lovely food like 2 main meals for £10.00.  Also their desserts are just scrumptious.  They had chocolate bread and butter pudding, chocolate melt in the middle pudding but I plumped for the trio of mini puddings which mum and I shared...I am a sucker for a hot pudding and custard! 



I noticed that they are opening a Frankie and Bennys and a Prezzo in July.
  To be honest there are not that many shops that I really shop in at Clarks but its worth going just to stroll around and I find it really relaxing there unlike usual shopping centres.  I also love going there for the Yumi shop as I totally love Yumi dresses and accessories and the Fiorelli shop which sells Fiorelli and Nica bags and lower priced than in the normal stores.  I also like The Body Shop and the homeware shops.  They used to have a La Senza which was brilliant as they sold a lot of the bras for £5.00 each and being big chested thats such a good price for a bra, unfortunately the La Senza has now closed down. 

In Yumi I tried quite a few dresses on there was so much to choose from and some totally beautiful dresses. 



This was the 1st dress I bought and its so beautiful and figure flattering.  I love the material as its really thick and good quality.  They also had this in Coral but the Navy blue was just so classy and really suited me.  Even the sales assistant in the shop commented on how much it suited me, I know they probably say that to anyone to get them to buy it but it did look really nice.

This was £40.00 reduced to £15.99.














 
On the sale rale I picked up this dress as it really stood out to me as someting different for what I usually go for and they only had two left a small and a large.  The small fitted perfectly and I love the mint and cream look as it reminds me of 'candy'.  This fits lovely, its like a stretchy knitted dress.  I love the buttons on the front as its like a pinafore style.  This was £48.00 reduced to £12.00.  I would never pay £48.00 for it but its totally lovely on and well worth £12.00.

.










I also bought these bow slides in Monsoon/Accessorize these were £1.50 and are super cute.







Have you ever been to Clarks? 

What do you think of the dresses and Yumi?





Lisa-Jane
xx

12 comments:

  1. I've driven past there on the way to Glastonbury!
    I absolutely love that navy dress, very 1960s. I'd wear that myself. Bet you look gorgeous in both frocks. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, yeah I think thats why I like the navy one it is very 60's x

      Delete
  2. Yumi is always the first place I head to at Clarks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa-Jane! I feel like I hvaen't read you for ages! Your choices were lovely! I really like Yumi dresses and you got amazing prices! I almost went to Clarks village when I was in Cheddar but as I was only there for a day, I decided to go pot-holing in Cheddar gorge instead- it seemed wiser in terms of bank balance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, haha that is wisere pot holing I don't think I could do that though x

      Delete
  4. I really love the Yumi dress with the Peter Pan collar - I can't wait for an outfit post with you wearing it :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma I will try and take a photo of me wearing it xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Clarks village, and the Yumi is amazing! Btw, I found you the shoes online in my latest post for you, hope it helps you find them!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue dress, it is so you as well, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Yumi, I unfortunately don't live anywhere near Clarks Village, but I am watching a couple of bargains on ebay :)

    xx


    London Fashion Review Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first dress is beautiful, Ive never seen anything by Yumi, may look into them now :) I dont live anywhere near clarks village which is a shame, but ive heard good things about Biscter village too, so may have to look out all these places! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx