Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

GHD Gold!

Hello everyone
 
Well I have finally got with the year 2012 and bought myself some GHD's!!
 
I have been 'umming and ahhing' for years over whether they were worth the ridiculous price tag but my old straighteners just don't cut the mustard and I finally have given up on them.   I am sceptical if I am honest as my hair is mega thick, long and wavy and although I llke wavy hair I also like my hair straight and curly (using straighteners).
I have not used them yet so will let you know what I think of them...........
 

 
 
 
I have heard rave reviews about these, I have even been told by many people that these are better for your hair than cheaper straighteners and they don't damage your hair as much...is this true?
 
What do you think of GHD's?  Do you think they are worth the price tag??
 
Lisa-Jane
xx

9 comments:

  1. Ooh am rather jealous Lisa!!! My hairdresser used to use ghd's so I know that they're good quality as he's used then to straighten my hair but he's recently changed supplier - babyliss is the best cheapie brand AFAIK... Let me know what u think even tho I'm perma-skint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn`t use anything other than GHDs and I have owned mine for 7 years now and they are only just on their way out. I`ve asked Hubby for some new ones for Christmas.
    Hope you enjoy using them.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was bought GHD straighteners for Christmas about 8 years now and they are still going strong!

    They're really good quality and I don't think I'd ever buy another brand if these ever did break - well worth the extra price IMO!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some as a leaving pressie from work in 2002 (spoilt, wasn't I?), I used them religiously up until 2006 when I went over to the dark side and have rarely used them since, although they are still in perfect working condition.
    They are a brilliant investment, fantastic for curling hair, too but I've gone off the poker straight look (on me) now. Don't forget to use a product to stop your lovely hair getting frazzled, Lee Stafford's Poker Straight is fantastic (and smells gorgeous!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased a pair for my youngest daughter way back in 2002 and they cost a fortune. that said we are both still using the same ones now and they are amazing. They will most definitely be replace with a new pair should anything happen to them.

    I think you will be very pleased.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any but my hairdresser uses them on me and they do actually work far better. Since my hair decided it to be curly I haven't actually straightened it much anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard great things about these, but as I don't straighten my very often I have a cheapie pair, my hair is fine so they work well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive been wanting a new pair of straightners and was thinking of getting some GHD's but ive heard they ruin your hair more than most straighters and with me having bleached hair I worry, what do you think?? x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my GHD's, for me they are worth every penny!! I would buy them time and time again xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx