Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

The Doll & Frog

no thats not the name of our local pub but the name of a clothing range at Dorothy Perkins.

As you may be aware Dorothy Perkins have their sale on at the moment and with Closer magazine you could get 25% off which ended yesterday.

I sold a few things on ebay recently and I took a couple of items back so I decided to order a couple of dresses which arrived today.

Lemon Ditsy Bow Back Dress - this dress is gorgeous with little butterflies on. Even though its lemon you could wear it anytime of the year just add a cardi and tights. It looks lovely worn and I will do an outfit post with this sometime soon.


Multi Floral Blouse dress


People often think I spend a lot of money on clothes and I suppose I do shop a lot but I do not actually spend that much as I usually buy things in the sale.  These two dresses were both originally £28.00 and even though I love them I would never have bought them at those prices! With  the discount they cost £7.50 each.

Thats another reason why I rarely shop in places like Topshop because to me its so over priced, I do buy the occasional thing in there if I really love it but I just cannot justify spending £65.00 on a dress unless it was for a special occasion of course.

I love H&M, New Look and Primark because they are more reasonably priced, however, when we are in Tenerife I will be going to Mango and Zara as its so much cheaper over there and I love these two stores.


This weekend Mike is going to Newcastle for his brothers stag do and so I decided I would go to my friends in Swindon for the weekend.

We are meeting up on Saturday morning and spending the day shopping and having lunch then in the evening we going out with some other friends to a few bars. I am quite looking forward to it is I have not been on a girlie night out in ages.

I am getting the train back on Sunday afternoon.
Have a nice weekend everyone
Lisa-Jane
xx

11 comments:

  1. Love the first dress, so pretty. Have a lovely time with your friend :).

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buys, have a great weekend :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty frocks!
    You ahve to be clever and wait for sales nowadays,prices for new clothing can be so steep!Having a mortgage means I only buy secondhand,but I don't mind!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dresses.

    Have a great weekend.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first dress! I agree about the shops, when you can get good clothes at a cheaper price, it doesn't seem reasonable to buy more expensive clothes at places like Topshop! Have a good time in Swindon x

    www.cupofearlgreyandasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dresses, you are always shopping!!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those dresses would love awesome with tights and a cardi. I love that dresses can be trans seasonal pieces. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous first dress! I hope you have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love both of these dresses. I made a dorothy perkins order last weekend that arrived today. I ordered 4 dresses as I got around 40% discount however I'm only keeping one. On the plus side it's the one I have been wanted for ages!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I've given you a blog award :)

    http://plymouthbarbie.blogspot.com/2011/06/butterfly-award.html#more

    Love Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both dresses, especially the first one - as you said it'd be perfect for any sort of weather.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx