Pages

Friday 10 June 2011

Devon delights!

Hello everyone

Just a quick post to say goodbye for a couple of days as hubby and I are off to Devon for the weekend.  We don't get away that much really as hubby does not get much holiday and works long hours!

Last night was spent packing, I always pack too much I look like I am going for 5 days never mind 2 nights.  The thing is I like to have a few extra items in case I change my mind and want to wear something else.  I also fake tanned and painted my nails with my new Accessorize nail polish in Apricot Crush. This is with 2 coats and with the flash. I love this colour.  As you can see I am yet to shower off the excess fake tan ha ha.



I have packed my toiletries into this Cath Kidsonesque vanity bag which was two whole pounds from Primarni.   I would love an actual Cath Kidston bag.


We are staying in a nice hotel where hopefully we will be eating nice food and having a relaxing time.  They also have a gorgeous indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi  ( I cannot actually swim but Mike can, I take my bikini and sit by the pool.)  Mike says that I sit by the pool looking pretty but I just so wish I could swim.  I have thought about taking lessons but I am terrified of water. 
Have a fabulous weekend everyone.
Lisa-Jane
xx

10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with this trip.

    You should take lessons. It's so lovely to dive in a pool on a hot day. Plus paddling around is relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic weekend Hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it's never too late to get over you fears! My nana was so scared of water and then at the grand age of 65 she started taking lessons and she's never looked back! She was so frightened but now she loves it and does aqua classes and everything. Have a fabulous time on your holiday!It sounds fab & I love your bag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely time. I feel sorry for you not being able to swim, it's one of my favourite things to do. I love Cath Kidson :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely time! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fantastic break, hope the sun shines for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Start in the shallow end and take your time... even sitting on the steps of the pool with your toes in the water feels wonderful. Hope you have a fantastic weekend with Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a great get away with you and the hubby!
    and p.s. i can't swim either but i LOVE laying by the pool much more anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely weekend for you and your hubby. My brother-in-law learnt to swim at the grand old age of 28 as he was going on holiday to Australia and wanted to snorkel at the great barrier reef. He went to an adult beginners class and has never looked back.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx