Pages

Saturday 18 June 2011

Clothes haul and an interview!

Hello lovelies

Sorry about my post the other day I just felt I wanted to talk and writing it in the blog somehow makes me feel a bit better, thankyou for listening to my rant and for your words of advice.

Well I received the ASOS bag and was very disappointed. The bag was a lot smaller than it looks on the website and the material and pattern is not as nice as the photo.  I could get the same in Primark/Matalan for a lot less, needless to say this has been returned.

Today I bought a camera, I opted for the Kodak Easyshare as it seems quite a good camera and not too expensive.  I have used my old camera for these photos as my new camera is on charge. My old one does work but the screen is smashed so you cannot actually see what you are taking a photo of but the photo is there...if that makes sense. 
As I said before I went shopping the other day and bought a few little items....here is my haul.

♥ New Look ♥

Longline Ditsy shirt - I love the print. It actually looks a lot nicer on as its very flattering.





Pointelle cardigan (used the website image as I could not get a good photo of this) I love it worn with a little belt.


♥ H&M ♥

Tan boots (£10 in the sale) these look a bit cheap in the photo but do actually look a lot nicer in reality.



Black dress - this photo honestly does not do this dress any favours. This is like one of those stretchy ponte dresses that hugs you in all the right places and then flares out. I really love it, its especially great if you are having a fat day as it makes you look and feel really slim. I wish they had these in more colours as it was only £12.99.


♥ Primark ♥

Rose print bow belt (this goes with a few of my floaty dresses) and hair slides


Tan pumps


I have an interview next week for House of Fraser. I have always worked in offices so this is a bit of a change for me plus it won't pay as well as I was being paid in my old job but I am not worried about the money. I prefer to be happy in my job than have a good salary.   I am unsure of the hours as yet as they have various shifts available.
I have a question what should you wear to the interview?
As I said as I have always worked in offices I would usually wear a pencil skirt, blouse/shirt and high heels but I wondered if I could wear a dress and heels?  What do you think?

Lisa-Jane
xx

10 comments:

  1. I really like the cardigan! Good luck in your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! And good luck next week! :) x

    www.cupofearlgreyandasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shirt is so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your haul items, you seem to shop so often yet still find such lovely items, well done! I have frankly no idea what interview wear is acceptable/appropriate, so I can't help you there! Good luck with the interview anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the tan boots. Good luck with your interview. I would think a dress and heels providing it is a smart dress would be suitable for an interview at House of Frasier. Think of what you would be having to wear for your uniform, if it is a smart uniform then you will want something similar in interview.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the interview Lisa-Jane, I'm sure you'll do great! I'm afraid I don't have a clue what you should wear, but I think as long as you look smart then they probably won't mind too much. Nice purchases here - I especially like the pumps and boots :) Thanks for your comment on my blog! I miss blogging and can't believe I haven't done a post in so long... I need to get back into a blogging routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first dress is a beautiful shape and print, I can't wait to see how you style it.
    Good luck with the interview, a dress with a tailored jacket and a mid-heeled pair of shoes would be perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these items you've bought, i bought a few of the same type dresses you bought from H&M there so flattering and i love that floral belt and pumps, i've not been in primark in a while but i've seen some lovely stuff in posts recently.

    interviews are aways scary, good luck with yours, just make sure you look smart, some heels and a nice jacket will do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little brown flats, they are so cute! Good luck with your interview :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty floral dress and other great items. I hope this interview goes really well. I've never really worked in an office so I not sure what to wear. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx