Pages

Wednesday 21 July 2010

RIP bunny

Today I had such an awful day as our remaining rabbit had to be put to sleep.

We had him for 10 years, we used too have two they were brother and sister but his sister passed away 4 years ago. He had a good life and most rabbits only live to 7-8 so he lived a lot longer than expected.

He was a great rabbit always gentle and soft, never aggressive.


Today was such a heartbreaking time for me I have been crying all day. I know people will say 'oh its only a rabbit' but he was part of the family and to us its like the end of an era.
They were our first ever pets in our new home so its truly so sad that they are both now gone.

























RIP little rabbit

xx



9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you having lost one of our cats this week.
    He was obviously extremely well cared for and loved to have livea such a long and happy life and both him and his dear sister were beauties.
    Vix xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry, it must be such a hard time for you, im always so upset when I lose a pet :(
    Your rabbit lived for so long and im sure he enjoyed every single day of his life and will be grateful to you being such a good owner :)
    RIP
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your rabbit. And it's not just a rabbit...that's so mean!!!
    Hope you feel better soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, it's miserable and hard, but I am glad you gave him such a loving home for so long!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your bunny - sad news xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your sad news.
    It's a sad time when you lose a pet, whatever the pet is, it's part of your life.

    Take care. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww i'm sorry Lisa, its awful to lose a pet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for all your lovely thoughts.

    I still keep looking at the empty hutch and it makes me feel so sad.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor bunny. He sounds like a wonderful character and was lucky to be so loved and cared for. It's a loss of a family member really, and very hard to deal with. Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx