Pages

Saturday 17 July 2010

Tag: 30 day - Day 4 Favourite Book

I have a confession I love reading, you know when you go into a bookshop and it has that 'smell' the smell of brand new books.

I really enjoy reading girlie fiction I have all the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic books.

I also love crime books and real life crime stories. I have read the Rachel Nickell book and the police investigation was really interesting.

Probably my favourite book is also an extremely sad book its 'Goodbye Dearest Holly' written by Kevin Wells father of Holly Wells who along with Jessica Chapman were abducted by evil Ian Huntley.

I feel uneasy saying this is my 'favourite book' as its not so much a favourite but more like a thought provoking and incredibly sad book about a hideous crime that never should have happened.

I cried all the way through it, the book is so well written and you really feel like you are there with the family at the worse time of their life. I admire Kevin for being able to write this about his precious daughter, she sounded like a lovely little girl who had everything to live for and her whole life ahead of her.



























The reason I brought this book is when this story was on the news back in 2002, I remember that I could not sleep for days while these girls were missing. I remember I used to wake in the middle of the night and watch the 24 hour news as this crime really affected me like nothing else before.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, sounds really sad :-(

    We live very close to where this happened, it was a very horrible time indeed... my daughter was a similar age to the girls at the time too, which seemed to make it even harder for me to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds terrible. There are crimes like that which can really affect you. I'm sure the story is very thought provoking and sad.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx