Pages

Thursday 28 April 2011

Small toiletries and clothes haul.

Today I had to go to the bank in town so I had a look round a few shops.

I had to buy a few toiletries in Boots and I wanted to try a foundation I have heard rave reviews about which is Vichy Dermablend, as I don't have great skin and always want foundation with a good coverage. I usually wear Revlon Colourstay but have heard this is much better and its only £14.00. I brought it in Gold (they don't have a very good colour selection but I found this colour looked really good) and I also bought some shampoo and conditioner.

In Superdrug I bought some of Superdrug's Vitamin E moisturisr, this is lovely stuff its only £2.99 a jar and its not tested on animals. It as good as The Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser.




















In Primark I brought some black jeggings and a lovely bath mat I am sure you don't want to see pictures of these! Primark has some fabulous items for the home and at such good prices.

In H&M I bought these pink peep toe shoes although they do remind me of slippers I love them they are so girly.




















I also popped in Awear a shop I never usually go into and I bought some black leggings. They were only £8.00 and they are fabulous, really good quality and just as good as the Topshop ones and they are a lot dearer.

In Peacocks I got these shoes for £5.00 in the sale, ideal for work.




















and in Select (another shop I never go into) I bought these earrings. I thought they would be really nice to wear with the mint tunic I have as I did not have any earrings that colour.





















Well tomorrow is the Royal Wedding, are you all going to be watching this? I have to admit I am not a royalist by any means in fact quite the opposite and I do think its a waste of tax payers money but I don't agree with protesters causing trouble and trying to ruin it.  I am interested to see what Kate's dress is like though!

On Saturday I am going to Bath with a friend for a catch up and some lunch. We will probably end up looking around a few shops too.

Have a nice bank holiday weekend.

Lisa-Jane
xx

11 comments:

  1. great purchases! A|Wear is an amazing shop - I spend loads of money whenever I'm in there (plus it's cheaper than Topshop!)

    Tomorrow I'll be decorating whilst watching TRW. Yep, some of us have things to do tomorrow...! (multitasking? moi?!)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Vichy's tinted moisturiser many years ago, I had no idea they were still going.
    Great finds. I'm not going to be watching the wedding tomorrow but intend to do lots of drinking and being silly instead. Have a fab weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you finally bought a pair of those shoes! I can't believe they still have them!
    I am not a royalist either, I won't be watching the wedding althought I am interested to see the wedding dress which I imagine will be plastered all over the papers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Vichy is a really good brand! Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice purchases, the shoes are so cute. I had a change of heart today and decided I do want to watch the wedding after all.
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try the foundation. Personally I'm very excited for the wedding but have to work, so I'll miss it :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa ,
    Thanks for your comment . Love the pink flats .
    Have you tried any all natural items from your local health food shop or store before and what items do you like ?
    have a good friday friend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh A-wear! LOVE that shop (but often forget to pop in!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you managed to find a pair! They are great for colder days to wear with tights with them being enclosed.
    Yes, my Matalan order arrived, the first 2 dresses were farrrr too short on me (the site doesn't show the dress on models) but the maxi was the perfect length. I adore it! I worn it yesterday but never got chance to take a picture as my camera battery was dead!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sciencegeek - yeah I really like them.
    Thats a shame re the Matalan dresses x

    Cherry - the make up is brilliant it does look like you are not wearing much make up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am very interested in that Dermablend foundation - heard so many good things about it. Do write a review once you've used it for a bit, would be very interested to hear your thoughts :-) (though, who knows, might buy it tomorrow when I'm in town! :O)

    And those shoes are adorable - so cute :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx