Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Day 6 - A photo that makes you laugh





















I am sure if Thomas could speak he would be saying 'don't mess with me'!

Yesterday we had fun as a stray cat that looked a lot like Thomas came into our house by accident and started eating Thomas's food!
It was lucky Tom was out.

The poor cat was starving so we gave him some food. The trouble is this cat is very friendly and the previous night we had seen a young lad walking down the street go to kick it luckily the cat moved in time but I was so angry I was going to go and say something. I rang the RSPCA and explained that this cat was starving at that I had seen someone try to kick him and they said they could not do anything until it had been kicked!!! How ridiculous is that!

They would not come out or do anything so therefore Mike's parents took him in for the night as they love cats. Apparently last night he was cuddled up with my mother in law on the sofa snoring! He is a bit of a livewire, he has already stuck his tail in my father in laws glass of whisky then licked his tail, hung around my father in laws neck and broken two teapots. My mother in law reckons because he is so lively maybe someone did not want him. He is incredibly affectionate though.

If I see a notice for a missing cat then of course we will give the cat back but at least for now he has a home. They have said that if no one claims him they will keep him they have already nicknamed him Toby.

We would have taken him in but I don't think Tom would have liked it, he could smell that the cat had been in our house and he did not like it!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Thomas is so lovely, he can come and live with me anytime.
    Sounds like Toby is making himself right at home with Mike's parents. Male cats are very good, they act all defensive at first but usually accept a new cat on their home turf eventually. Girl cats on the other hand are more terratorial and loathe other female cats. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a handsome fellow!

    Poor little Toby, I can't bear the thought of him wandering the streets and fending off cruelty, your folks are so lovely to give him a home. One of our cats was a stray, and she totally hates all contact, I think from the amount of abuse she suffered on the streets. I'm so glad Toby's been rescued before he lost his trust in humans. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it's so nice of your parents to have given him a home. I don't understand how people can "dump" their animals. Thomas is such a gorgeous looking cat!

    I received my giveaway prizes thankyou! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really cute photo! And it's so nice of your parents in law to look after the stray. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx