Pages

Friday 18 February 2011

A question and a tag

Hi everyone!

To start with I have a question to anyone that knows how to sew! How hard is it to sew a concealed zip in a dress without a sewing machine?
I have sewn zips in skirts but they are a bit easier than a dress.

The reason I ask is I have this dress from ASOS I brought it 2 years ago and I love it but the zip has broken. I have enquired with a couple of companies to find out how much it would cost to get a new zip put in and the cheapest I have been quoted is £17.99! To be honest the dress only cost £26.99. But I don't think I would get another dress like it!

















I suppose I have to work out whether its worth paying £17.99 or not!

Anyone onto the tag, this is another set of getting to know you questions

So here are the questions and answers:

1. Are you named after anyone?
Well sort of, my name was going to be Jane originally as my sister called Jane died of cot death a few years before I was born but instead my parents used Jane as part of my name as they thought it would be wrong to call me Jane.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Actually I am having tears now as there is a little boy on Jeremy Kyle who was born facially disfigured. Also he has been bullied. People are so evil! I cry a lot (I am a very emotional person) especially at things like Crimewatch when they have little old ladies being beaten up or robbed.

3. Do you have kids?
No, and time is getting on for me. Not sure if we will have any children.


4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?


I think so because I am loyal and I think I am a good friend. I am very friendly and a lot of people say when they meet me they feel such warmth which is extremely flattering.
My driving instructor told me if you cut me open my heart would be made of blancmange lol! I thought it was rather sweet.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
No, I usually hate sarcasm but I suppose I must be guilty of it sometimes.

6. Will you ever Bungee-Jump?
No, I am a scaredy cat. I don't like heights anyway.

7. What is your favorite cereal?
I just brought this cereal thats new out and its so delicious I am addicted to it. Luckily it has been on offer at a local Spar for £1.00 so I brought a few boxes.

















8. What is the first thing you notice about people?
The first thing I tend to notice about people is generally their smile. Then in this order eyes, skin and hair.

9. What is your eye colour?
Brown

10. Scary Movies or happy endings?
Happy Endings

11. favorite smells?
My cat, Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Strawberry from the Body Shop, hot chocolate chip cookies, just baked bread and books.

12. Summer or winter?
Summer. I love the light nights and warm sunny days

13. Computer or television?
Computer, as I can always watch TV on the computer if I wanted to!

14. Whats the furthest you have been from home?
Florida.


















15. Do you have any special talents?
I can dance!

16. Where were you born?
In a little place in Kent

17. What are your hobbies?
Shopping, blogging, reading, watching tv, dancing, aerobics

18. Do you have any pets?
yes my little baby...Thomas the tom cat.

















19. Favorite movie?
Loads, I love Muriels Wedding probably one of my faves but I have loads of favourite movies.

20. Do you have any siblings?
I have one sister and one brother.

21. What do you wanna be when you grow up?
Well I am grown up and I am still not sure!

I tag anyone who wants to do this!

5 comments:

  1. Have a look on youtube or just tap "put in a zip "you can find out how to do the zip with videos to help I t's not hard once you have triedGood luckLiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading and it's always lovely to see Thomas! He's fab! Hand sewing a zip is a fiddle but it can be done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Thomas is sooo beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG choco waffles? I love the sugar puff waffles and the choco sugar puffs. I've not seen these around me and I want them SO bad! Hah I'm a cereal junkie ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a lovely dress. Such a shame all your local seamstresses are so expensive!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx