Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

I'm back! (photo heavy)

Hello everyone

We got back from sunny Tenerife yesterday into grey cloud and rain!

We had such a fabulous week the weather in Tenerife was fantastic.

Here are a selection of photos, I could not put them all up as I literally took over 200 photos so sorry if they are not in any order.


The hotel was so posh when we arrived they gave us a glass of champagne.

View from our balcony of the Cleopatra Palace Hotel





Reception and Piano Bar


Playa de las Americas fountain which lights up to music



Playa de las Americas main street - designer shops, cafes and restaurants line this street 


Me at the Meditteranean Palace Hotel which is the sister hotel to the Cleopatra Palace 


More photos of our hotel



Me posing before we went out for dinner (sorry there are hardly any photos of me as you know I am not a great lover of my own photos)

View from our hotel


Mike at Bianco's italian






View from our table at the Gran Reserva restaurant


Designer shops which included Rolex, Escada, Versace, Lacoste, Guess and many more. They even had a Hello Kitty shop.

Beach (outside our hotel)

Wellington Boot glasses - lol



Gorgeous lights in our hotel





One of the many stray cats we fed every night






I bought loads of clothes over there, a dress from Zara, a cardi and trousers from Mango and a few items from a lovely shop called Stradivarius which was quite cheap but lovely quality.  Mike bought me some underwear in a lovely little shop called Womens Secrets (a bit like Victoria's Secrets)  and some Felix the Cat PJ's.

I will do a post tomorrow with all my outfits I wore and then next week I will do one showing all my lovely new items.

All the shops had massive sales on and Mango and Zara are a lot cheaper over there anyway.  I love the quality of Mango and Zara too!

We ate out every night and either lazed by the pool or on the beach in the day and went for walks along the coast stopping at little cafes.

Tenerife has a lot of stray cats (street cats as they are called) its so sad to see them but we went out every night and bought them food and water which they really appreciated.  We found a dead fish one night and we gave it to one of the tiniest cats there and he loved it.  Some of the cats look quite healthy but one was so tiny and it really made me sad.  I emailed a rescue centre in Tenerife to advise them about this cat and the lady there said she will kindly go and have a look for him as they feed the cats and neuter them.  The little tiny cat followed us and I broke my heart back at the hotel he looked so lost and alone I just wanted to bring him home.

Anyway I will be catching up on everyone's blogs this weekend

Lisa-Jane
xx

19 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you back, you're looking gorgeous. That hotel is very impressive, I'm not surprised you love it.
    It's horrible to see stray animals abroad, we're always buying the Indian cats tins of tuna and biscuits.
    I've found a blogger based in Tenerife: http://www.tenerife-tattle.com/tag/cats/
    There's contact details for donating to the animal rescue out there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vix

    I was watched a programme somewhere that in India some of the people look after the cats and dogs although they have nothing themselves.

    I just think its such a shame that in a place where there are designer shops and lots of wealthy tourists that these cats live with nothing! It made me so sad and I did get quite upset about it.

    I contacted a lady who neuters and feeds them but its so heartbreaking.

    I suppose its all over the world though and not just in Tenerife.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for the website info x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, tenerife looks fabulous and finally some pictures with your head in shot. You look lovely hon! It sounds like a wonderful holiday, looking forward what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks absolutely phenomenal. You must have felt like a VIP chillin' there. Loves it! P.S. Those Wellington boot glasses are way too cool for words, and I love that you fed stray cats. I probably would have kidnapped some and brought them home with me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hotel. Looks like you both had a great time.

    Sad about the cats though.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely splendid your holiday must have been....!!!
    I always get upset over stray cats,the most upset I got was in Athens.It just rips me to bits!
    Hope it didn't spoil the romantic getaway too much!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa! So lovely to have you back! Looks like you had a fabulous time and well done on the cats! Love love LOVE the welly boot glasses, cant wait to see your buys
    Big love

    G-Unit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely, such a shame about the street cats. I'd be wanting to take them all home too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've had a lovely holiday. Your hotel is fabulous! The balconies look gorgeous. Its such a shame for the stray cats but its the same in Spain/Cyprus etc. Guess they become just a common pest in some places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for making sure someone helps the little kitty!

    The hotel looks wonderful indeed. And the welly boot pints, just what you need in the hot canaries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had a lovely time. I went to Tenerife a couple of times as a teenager with my parents, and they still go every year. Looks like you stayed somewhere very swanky- free champagne?! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa, welcome home! I love your photos, it looks lovely. I especially love the boot glasses! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a lovely time, I love your pictures and the wellington boot glasses are fab! It's lovely to hear what you did for the cats and I hope the poor thin one got the help it needed.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back :) Tenerife looks beautiful. Love your pictures and can't wait for your next post.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I was at Marenostrum Resort in December! Isn't it an awsome place? I loved it! The food, the pools, the fresh blue towels, the service, the location... My boyfriend and I loved it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great tome, lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx