Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

I have found the perfect dress for me!

The other day I blogged about the lovely Dorothy Perkins cream dress that I bought.  On Thursday I was going to wear it but as I put it on I noticed there was a massive tear on the seam, something I never noticed when I bought it! I took it back to get another and well as you can guess they are out of stock in my size...typical!
Therefore I got a refund but still really loved the dress and was hoping I could find one similiar elsewhere.
Fast forward to yesterday and I was browsing the ASOS website and came across this gorgeous dress which is very similiar and reduced from £40.00 to £20.00 so I decided to order this and they were offering free next day delivery. 




It arrived this morning at 7am..good old ASOS! I could not wait to try it on and I love it.

Its a lot thicker and nicer material than the DP one the only downsize is that my bra shows through but I could wear a nude slip under it and also the belt is so small. I ordered a size 12 but the belt is for a size 8! I suppose I could put my own belt with it or lose weight!

Please excuse how creased it looks I literally took this photos at 7.15 this morning so it has not been ironed or anything.

You know when you get one of those dresses you feel fabulous in well this is it!


Also thank you for your comments on the outfit ideas for the wedding it sounds like the purple one is the favourite at the moment however I was browsing the Miss Selfridge website yesterday and came across this dress. Isn't this lovely, I also have a pink hat too which I wore to Ascot a few years ago!!



I really should stop online browsing!
Anyway it is £39, I am going to wait a while you never know it may go in the sale by September.....wishful thinking!


Have a lovely weekend everyone
Lisa-Jane
xx

17 comments:

  1. It looks perfect on you. x

    ReplyDelete


  2. I love your post and blog so much!!!.))

    I need your help. I spend another survey but this time with another question.
    "Where do you prefer to shop? What is your favorite shopping center?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo what a lovely dress - really nice babe! && That miss selfridge dress is stunning; perfect for a wedding xxx

    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress fits you so well, its lovely x
    I looked at your last post and would go for the purple, i like the miss s dress but why not wear something that you have thats never been worn? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vix, Abi and Emma.

    Yeah I think you are right Emma I should wear the purple one as it has just been sitting in my wardrobe. I just love the pink one too!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so pretty, looks lovely on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress looks nice on your body

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these dresses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks stunning on you. You have such a gorgeous figure Lisa-Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

    aww Pip thats very sweet of you, you have not been blogging much lately?? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning dresses! The white was looks like it was made for you and what a bargain too!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty white dress, and so perfect for summer, too. Excellent purchase;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your white dress, yes it does suit your shape really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fab on you Lisa :). Oh i love the MS Pink Dress, i was going to order that too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Sadie - we must like similar dresses lol! The pink one is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx