Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Outfit post and an update

Hello lovelies

Firstly this is my outfit for today....very girly as usual!




















Pink Cardigan - H&M

Floral Cami top - Peacocks

Blue Jeggings - New Look

Nude Pumps - New Look

Yesterday I had the hospital appointment and it looks like I have to have an ultrasound scan of my stomach and I will also be having an operation to put a camera inside my stomach. The only thing I am worried about is the anaestetic! I will be put out but you hear these stories about waking up in the middle of an operation and also not coming around from the anaestetic. I know it sounds silly but I do feel a but panicked about that.

I am now awaiting a letter from the hospital to advise when this will be! I also had to see a nurse and he had to take my blood pressure, test me for MRSA and take more blood tests. Its funny but because I have thyroid problems I have had many blood tests so they never bother me but the nurse was telling me that its usually men who faint when they have blood tests. I find it strange that the majority of men like watching violent films yet they would faint at a simple blood test...ha ha.

I just want to say thanks for all your kind comments wishing me well.

Its such a beautiful day today, this morning I went to the hairdressrs for a trim. I walked to the hairdressers, its only a 25 minute walk each way but it was so nice. I have been trying to vist the hairdressers less often as I want to grow my hair even longer so instead of having it cut every 8 weeks I am waiting 10 weeks. It so happens I forgot about my last appointment so therefore it has been 12 weeks since its last trim so it was starting to look a mess!


Lisa-Jane
xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, i'm glad your going to get things sorted. Don't worry about being put to sleep, its not as bad as you think its going to be i promise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone I know had that camera op a couple of weeks ago and they were fine, terrified at the time but said there was nothing to it and he actually went and treated himself to a Full English immediately after leaving hospital as he felt so hungry!
    You look very pretty and spring-like. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't worry about the anaesthetic... I've had two operations; I had my tonsils out when I was 14, and had my appendix out two years ago (it was a grumbling appendix, not an emergency, so I knew the week before that I was going in for the op). I was worried about the anaesthetic both times, but it was totally fine. I think it's extremely rare for patients to wake up during operations these days - they have an anaesthetist on hand to make sure that doesn't happen. The anaesthetist for my appendectomy was really friendly and reassuring. It is scary beforehand, but when you wake up you'll wonder what you were worried about!

    Best wishes for the op, and I hope your anaemia is getting better. Your outfit looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everthing goes okay. Hope you have a nice easy recovery :)

    Also I love your outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the camera in the tum op, the sedation was fine...just think of how many people have ops every day, the proportion of those who wake up is actually tiny! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well, the anaestetic is no where near as bad as you expect it to be, you'll be fine!!

    Fab outfit by the way, gorgeous top! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that outfit! Sweet and girly!

    I hope it all goes well. And I'm sure it will gone great. I'm fine with blood tests and needles. I've had a fair few over my life that they don't scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I wouldn't worry about your op, it will be fine. Good luck with everything and I love your outfit! Girly cuteness! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so adorable! I love all the lace and the pretty colours. :]

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love reading your messages.
Thanks you for visiting The Brunette Diaries.
Love
Lisa-Jane
xx